Anyone know IndexedDB?

Anyone in Bubble land know IndexedDB? Looking to discuss possibilities of getting a plugin built to utilise.

Obvs paid job!

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Are you shooting for a PWA?

Iā€™m not entirely sure - I really need someone who knows all the ins and outs of it all to discuss options, best practice and a way forward :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never fear, @equibodyappā€¦ Iā€™m sure Heep, BubbleHelpers, and/or MVP.dev have the perfect person for you. Just waitā€¦ youā€™ll see. :wink:

9 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: the spamming is precisely why itā€™s taken me awhile to make a public post :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been already looking at local storage options and have a need in an upcoming project. I am willing to look into this possibly as a paid plugin (low cost) or maybe even a free plugin.

(to be clear Iā€™m not soliciting any payment to build this)

2 Likes

Depending on what you are after, Iā€™d recommend checking out the Floppy plugin that @keith just released :slight_smile:

If you are wanting more than localStorage - i.e IndexedDB then yes keen to chat as am exploring something at the moment.

1 Like

Hi @equibodyapp ,

Some time ago we implemented something around this for one of our client project. The goal was to ensure an offline capability with online re-sync.

We used dexie.js for that, and it was quite powerful to actually set up a comprehensive and accessible DB on top of indexedDB. So I think it can be a good direction for you to explore.

Good luck!

@mattmazzega good to hear Iā€™m on the right trackā€¦

Iā€™ve been thinking about the pricing and I actually think it would be nice to open source this and make it a community build project. I think a lot of people could use it and I havenā€™t seen a ton of not-for-profit collaboration from Bubble devs (a lot of individual effort yes, but not as much collaborative). If you are interested, I think Iā€™m going to try to launch something out here next week and see what happensā€¦

2 Likes

@bubble.trouble I canā€™t seem to DM you, are you able to DM me?? :slight_smile:

subscribed haha

@bubble.trouble happy to help you with plugin development if you are planning to release as Open source plugin.

Hi @equibodyapp,

Good day! I hope youā€™re doing well.

If youā€™re looking for a reliable and experienced staffing partner, look no further than MVP.dev. When it comes to staffing, we have a proven track record of providing quality candidates that can help take your business to the next level. Whether you need short-term or long-term assistance, our team will work with you to find the best possible solution for your needs.

Bubble developers are in high demand right now, and MVP.dev can help you find the right candidate for your needs. We have a wide network of talented developers who are ready to help you take your business to the next level. Contact us through Calendly ā€“ Ronna to learn more about how we can help you grow your business with our staffing solutions. Thank you so much.

@mikeloc and here I was feeling left out :arrow_up: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Well that aged well lol.

6 Likes

Hi @equibodyapp

It sounds that someone is working on that right now:

Yes - he kindly did a ā€˜littleā€™ update for me!!! :smiley:

1 Like