App demos in the Bubble docs

Hey everyone!

We’re exploring the idea of incorporating app demos into the Bubble documentation. This would provide you with immediate access to an editor already configured with relevant setups.

Initially, our focus would likely be on foundational elements: establishing repeating groups, workflows, and more. Then, if you find this useful, we’ll move on to more advanced stuff.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this approach. What do you think?

8 Likes

Sounds like a good way to spend those investment dollars. This is what some languages do. React for example has many mini projects spread thru their docs to demo how to interact with react appropriately.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing the example @jared.gibb :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hey @petter I like the idea, and I have something even better that might blow your mind.

Check out this link, it’s mozilla’s play section: Playground | MDN

Instead of sections for HTML, CSS and JS… could there be sections for actions, elements and data? This way, we can test things quickly without having to switch in between tabs which may take long to load :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes I think this would be a great approach and would be very helpful.

As you said, it would make sense to start with basic foundations examples, and then go on to more advanced features like backend workflows and the API connector.
For example I think this would benefit from some working editors:

Ultimately it would be so cool to see more complex editors that pull together multiple features and have lots of comments explaining whats happening, including good practices for DB schemas, workflow arrangement and WU optimisation. This would help hands-on/visual learners with advanced/real-world Bubbling.

1 Like