Blockspring where is the block?

I have downloaded the blockspring plugin. I want to use the text-PDF conversion aspect of it. However I cannot even find how to add it to my application. Basically I want the user to click a button and a pdf is generated with the text contents of certain areas of the database.

You need to go to plugins -> blockspring and then install blocks. See this

Install Pluging > Install Block > Set Up Block = Ready to Use

Awesome. a quick follow up question. If I want to have a multi line input box display a list of objectives what it does is display them like this

I went to the store, I saw a duck, I saw a duck, Did you see it, I did

I would like the objectives to read like this

I went to the store
I saw a duck
I saw a duck
Did you see it
I did

How can I set it up so lists of things are displayed like this?

And a bonus question. What if I wanted the subobjectives to go between each objective in the list.

Objective
I went to the store
Subobjectives

1. Go to store
  2. go to other store

Objective
I saw a duck
Subobjectives
…

Display ? Or allow to be edited ?

Display. I am basically trying to allow a user push a button which pulls text from different parts of the database and create a report “story”

So Project, objectives, factors, etc are all compiled into one text box.

Any help you can throw my way on this one?

Not sure am going to be much help.

There a couple of ways I can think of, neither are that elegant.

If you can limit the number of rows… then you could use the text box and “Rich Text Editing” to pull back row #1 row #2 etc. Then use RTE to add in the line breaks.

You could then put the sub objectives in there as well. It isn’t very dynamic though.

Alternatively, you could do it with a repeating group, and then have another group for the sub level, but make them stretch to fit. That might work.

1 Like

Makes sense. Will be a long process but worth it in the end. Thanks

1 Like

I think the repeating group would be the way to go. It may takes some fiddling to get it expanding to fit. But once done it should work for everything.