Blog? Will it work?

Where did you find the information or rather how to did you see the information that is in the screen shot of Properties that shows all the information about the page?

go to your website eg.

yourapp.com/version-test/blog?debug_mode=true

with this debug mode, you will see a inspect button, click on it and select the element you want to inspect

I’m not getting any issues with the recognition of the page title or the description…I didn’t add a image, so that is why it is blank.

Not sure why you are not getting the title.

This is my set up

I made a bug report on this issue, I believe it’s a bug on my end. Thanks a lot Boston!

Hi @JP29

Yes. my site is still live. Here’s the site link for your reference - Your Veg Recipe

To be honest, I haven’t worried much about an ugly URL (especially the id numbers at the end of any post). When I started this site, there were no easy solutions to manage the URL id and so I didn’t have much of a choice. Back then (somewhere in 2017), I could make the URL pretty, but the way that could be implemented would have SEO issues. Today, there are some plugins that provide this feature to have SEO benefit with clean URL’s. For eg: [UPDATED v2.2.0] 😃 Sudsy Page router for SEO-friendly clean URLs! (by Tech-Tonic)

None the less, I still have 100’s of pages and keywords indexed on Google and ranking on Page 1. But is wasn’t something that happened quickly. Here are a few things that you should try to implement that will help.

1. If your blog articles have a schema markup, set that up. I explained how I have done this schema markup in bubble on another forum post. This will make it easier for Google to Understand the context and content. In our case, I have setup the recipe markup on the recipe page (Eg: Crispy Corn Recipe) and setup a List Markup on a list of recipes page: 10 Paneer Snacks].
  2. In both the above cases, I have kept the URL’s as the default way that bubble handles individual database entries, i.e with the id’s at the end. This simplifies the processing required on load, thus keeping the site load speed optimised.
  3. Try generating backlinks to your site from external domains.
  4. Inter link articles using the link element and double check that by verifying that the loaded page has the [a href] element for the URL. This way the google bot will crawl all those interlinked pages.
  5. Setup Google Search Console with your site, to track and manage SEO and keywords.
  6. Build authority on the topics that your write about and gradually Google should be able to understand the context of the site. Today’s if we write a new recipe, its picked by the Google Bot pretty much in a few hours. Of-course, it takes some additional off-page SEO to try and rank the page.
  7. With the new Dynamic Sitemaps feature enabled, make sure you have included all the articles you need in the sitemap. This you can then verify in the Google Search Console. This will also speed up the indexing.

Please note: Since Bubble is a Javascript based platform, it is definitely more difficult to get data indexed and ranked compared to simple HTML based sites. But the Googlebot is quite advanced and can quite comfortably crawl through it. Refer to these javascript seo guides by google to understand how all this works.

Hope this helps. Please reach out if you have further questions.

3 Likes

which plug in did you use?

Sudsy of course. :wink:

The blog is a somewhat advanced demo though. The quick start or resource catalog demo might be a better starting place. The Sudsy docs are pretty good, but one should be familiar with Conditionals in Bubble.

Recently released Blog Builder - SEO Juice Boost Template

A blog that works!

共筑·博客|如何更好管理用户反馈

Feel free to ask.