Bubble Editor Ideas and Suggestions

Hi,

A quick one, but every time you select a certain input in the workflow ‘change a thing’ or ‘create a thing’, you have to click 2 times. Ones for selecting the input (i.e. input Name) and the second time " 's value ". Is it possible to always take " ‘s value’ as the standard because in 99% of the time I think this is the case. It is something small but I think it would save some clicks.

cheers!

6 Likes

Thanks so much, @klaas.vanhoeck1! That would definitely save some clicks! Just added that as #73! :slight_smile:

Here’s a very simple one that’s gonna help me a lot: DARK MODE.
I’ve been using a dark mode extension on my browser, but it inverts everything, including my design, which is undesirable. But I suspect I lot of people spend hours looking at those white menus on the editor, they could switch to black, leaving the user’s app design the same.

3 Likes

Numbering workflows, so they are easier to find especially if copying actions from one to another:

Selecting a group of actions to copy/cut and past elsewhere in order:

2 Likes

I have another ideas:

• It would save a lot of time if there was a workflow action called “Refresh repeating group”. Sometimes the automatic refresh of RG takes a few seconds to happen (may impact on user experience) or it doesn’t happen at all. There are solutions like setting custom states and/or other solutions, but it’s not that simple to make it work perfectly.

• I know it’s easy to do it using groups/reusable elements, but as it’s possible to select and drag more than one element at once, it would be nice if there was a spatial reference (at least in one of the elements, like the one on the top), just as it happens when you drag a single element:

gif one element

Dragging two elements:

gif two elements

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the awesome suggestions, @majorfmo, @mtastwo, @christo1, and @gsantoro! Your ideas have been added as numbers 74 - 79! :slight_smile: :sparkles:

2 Likes

Not sure if this is already there.

• Being able to give minimum width of an element in terms of px instead of percentages. It is quite cumbersome to go and change the minimum width of all the elements for mobile when we change their width in their desktop variation. This is especially painful because of having to create so many groups and groups within groups.
2 Likes

Hi again @fayewatson, not sure if someone asked but just wondering why such feature is not available yet.

Something like an exposed state, I.E: Page loaded above fold, entire… Basically to determine when the page is loading/creating data, exactly when the top loading bar appears, we should be able to access to this “state” of the page.

Example:
Page is reading/writing data

This would be very useful to determine when we want to let the user know that the page is loading, so we can show a loading image or just an informative text.

Actually you have to do many workarounds or installing paid plugins to achieve this and IMO this should be built in core (which actually it is, but not accessible for us).

Redu.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the great ideas, @mghatiya and @yusaney1! :slight_smile: They’ve been added as numbers 80 and 81! :sparkles:

Also @mghatiya, you may have seen this already but just incase you’re interested, Josh announced yesterday that Bubble is making some changes to the responsive editor to make it easier to use, which will be awesome! Here is a link to the original post:

1 Like

A way to prevent double-searches:

Example scenario: We want to do a search to check for X condition, and if that condition is true show dynamic data using that same search. Actually the only way to do that is doing double search or creating a parent group with the search, but much different inside a RG

Something like Parent condition search or Current condition search…

Redu.

3 Likes

This is kinda already in Bubble, with the “Copy expression” function. All you need to do is click ‘Insert dynamic data’, right-click and click “Paste expression”.

If you referring to my comment, I think you didn’t understood what I meant.

That’s exactly what I’m talking about, we have to copy and paste the expression so the result would be two searches in the same condition, instead of just one and accessing to it directly (the speed of the app is not the same)

In the background, Bubble tries to eliminate duplicate searches. If two searches both have exactly the same conditions, only one should actually be executed. The second search should refer back to the first one without needing to re-download the data or re-do the search on Bubble’s servers.

One way to test this is by looking through the Network tab of the Chrome/Firefox developer tools. There, you can see each time a request is made by the browser to Bubble’s back end, and you can check the conditions of each request as well as the returned results to check if there are any duplicates. It’d be easiest to test on a page where there are only 2 searches, to avoid a lot of other data cluttering up that view.

4 Likes

Nice to know, but under what conditions this really happens? However, I think it would be much “clean” to access directly to one search instead of creating a new one, don’t you think?

2 Likes

Yes, that does sound a lot cleaner and would ensure that your app doesn’t rely on some opaque logic that you have no control over.

1 Like

Thanks so much, @yusaney1! :slight_smile: I’ve added your suggestion as #82!

1 Like

It will be better to remove default display of user entered email from the notification message during a wrong email entry at login time

1 Like

In case this hasn’t been suggested, I’d LOVE the ability to move a custom state from one element to another, and maintain all existing references to that state. Oftentimes I create a custom state on an element, build some functionality around it, and then want to move it to another element (reasons: because I’m trying something new, simply for organizational reasons, or I’d just rather have it somewhere else.). Takes so much time to create the new custom state and then redo all the workflows, I usually just don’t do it.

2 Likes

Another one which I am not sure if it is already in the list:

Currently when an item is marked as “not visible on page load”, it stops showing from the view itself in the editor. Now while it can be desired sometimes, it is often very cumbersome to locate that item via element tree if you have to make a change to that element.

It would be much nicer if those elements didn’t just get hidden from the editor too. Maybe they can show up with a different colour or with some border around them etc.

1 Like

Wow, what a thread!

Plus 1 on #12 !!!

1 Like