Bubble Mobile Apps Editor Roadmap and Timeline

Probably won’t be until early next year till we get access to it. Latest update I read was that there will be a demo of this feature (not a launch) at Bubblecon and a select few users from the waitlist will receive beta access early Q4.

Given the complexities of launching a mobile native feature and Bubble’s recent struggles to keep the web version running smoothly, I’d temper my expectations a bit.

I’m excited nonetheless and have to applaud the efforts of the Bubble team so far!

1 Like

Early 2025 is the current official line (ref.)

1 Like

@tylerboodman which wrapper supports background geolocation?

@greg18 Bubble mobile app builder | Natively

1 Like

As @senecadatabase mentions, Progressier is great for PWAs

But unfortunately Progressier cannot fix Apple’s (deliberate? anti-competitive!) bugs that make PWAs inferior to native iPhone apps.

For example, Apple broke the PWA Screen Wake Lock functionality in iOS 16.4:

Here we are 18 months later still waiting for Apple to fix the bug so PWAs can once again keep the screen awake, like native – will Apple ever fix it? Seems doubtful at this point.

Unfortunately I feel compelled to build a native app rather than continue using PWA. Apple is monopolistic!

3 Likes

Curious if this will be bundled into agency plans, my brain says yes, but since I haven’t heard anything about it, I’m a little worried it won’t.

Also, it will be really nice to convert all of these wrapper apps I’ve built over the years into a truly native app. I’m TOO excited for this.

That’s the 3rd delay so far, my money is on a couple more

2 Likes