Can you make a shape function similar to a checkbox

And the award for “Best Thread of 2019” goes to …

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve done the set up the way you have it but for some reason, after I create the Diaper Entry (which is working), the workflow for update Diaper form is not. I have it following the create diaper entry workflow and I have all the fields set up in the app data.

@shondranicole I would create one single App Data entry for the Diaper Form data type, through the App Data tab with all of the choices. :slight_smile: Similar to the “Device” example where two entries were created (“Mobile” and “Desktop”), you can do the same thing here, but just create one single Diaper Form entry with all of the choices you’d like the User to have. We only need to create one Diaper Form entry since all Users will be selecting values from the same Diaper Form:

After creating that entry, you can display those values on the Diaper_bf_journal page in the repeating groups by using the expression “Do a Search for Diaper Forms:firstitem…” (that brings up the first Diaper Form entry ‘Thing’), and then you can select the appropriate field for each repeating group.

The type of each repeating group needs to match the type of each field you are displaying. For example, since there is a “Urine Color” field within the Diaper Form data type, the repeating group to display that Diaper Form entry (after you’ve created it) would be:

Once you have the repeating group displayed correctly, and the User is able to select their values by clicking elements in each cell, the workflow for the Save button would be:

1. Create a new Diaper Entry
  2. Add that Diaper Entry to the Current User’s Diaper Entries field (currently this is a list of texts, but it should be a list of Diaper Entries).

I don’t think you need to create a new data type for each possible Diaper Form option, since you will have those options within the single Diaper Entry app data entry (i.e., ‘Thing’):

Seriously though, these videos changed my life! ( Video: Working with Booleans (yes/no values) in Bubble - Are YOU Cool with Boole?)
I went from miserable ( not having customized checkboxes and multiple tag possibilities) to arriving at my peak in life ( and yes having customized checkboxes and multiple tag possibilities).
Just saying.

1 Like

I’m touched. :rofl: But I agree, that video is one of my best.