Compare date with a range of dates and showing what matched?

Is this possible?

Let’s say I have a user that selected a date, like 02/01/2022, 5:00 pm. Let’s say that user is open to running whatever they are running for up to two hours, which means that they are open to any time from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm.

Then I have another user who also selected a date, which is 02/01/2022, 6:00 pm, also with the same idea that they’re open to run whatever they are running for a range of 2 hours - so from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.

Whatever they are running - it only takes an hour, which means they can meet at 6:00 pm.

I know how to compare exact dates with exact dates (using intersect, or just =) but how do I compare with the issue above and then find out the value?

User1’s Date = 02/01/2022, 5:00pm
User 2’s Date = 02/01/2022, 6:00pm

So if User2 (Current User) is viewing a repeating group of Users who have a similar time then it would be Do a search for Users:filter:constraint: Advanced - This User’s Date < Current User’s Date AND This User’s Date + hours: 2 >= Current User’s Date + hours: 1.

@williamtisdale Thanks.

How do I apply it to a list of dates?

Here’s what I have:

Monday UTC is a list of 8 separate dates, where I match “This user”'s list of dates with the primary user’s list of dates.

So you are comparing two lists of dates and want to get back the matched dates?

@williamtisdale

Yes - and right now it’s working well, as long as the dates are exactly the same. An improved version of this would be:

Match exists as long as it’s within up to 1 hour difference forward. That’s because each “slot” is 2 hours long. In other words, if you’re setting yourself available at 12:00, you’ll be available between 12:00 and 14:00.

So if one user chose 12:00 and the other chose 13:00 actually they could meet at 13:00.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.