Connect OpenAI to Bubble Database?

Hello Bwm561.
I tryed to feed data into the API prompt using dynamic text but did not work well. I used the search for things in the DB but when I tested (with or without this call) the results were pretty much the same… Still looking for guidance. It would be extremely valuable to have a video on that from BUBBLE felas.

@felipesantosdutra21 made a guide about it here.

You need to setup function calls to an open ai assistant. There’s calls are API call you your own bubble database :slight_smile:

Hi - this is interesting and doesn’t look terribly complicated if it’s done through Buildship. I have some questions:

1. If Buildship is not used (it looks great but I would prefer not to use another app if possible), how complicated is the set up and has anyone made a guide for that?
  2. If I use Buildship and use the chat widget, can the actual chat messages and threads be saved in the Bubble database?
  3. With Buildship, is there also the possibility of doing web scraping, and then having that information fed into the Bubble database? I’m trying to create an easy way for a) Users to pull information about their university into the Bubble database without needing to enter it manually, and b) having OpenAI search the database for results, creating a new partnership between universities, or updating university information
1 Like

@bwm561 yeah Buildship is a nice add-on to Bubble!

1. I think it can take some time to set up. You can use a plugin for having the API calls set up, but you will still need to check the status of each function calling you are doing and submit the output. I have guide here that shows how to set up a function calling to create an entry in your database only using Bubble.
  2. Yes, you can save the thread Id and the chat message in bubble database, but you would need to setup that step in Buildship.
  3. Yes, you can do scraping with Buildship and you could save that information in your Bubble database by setting up the backend workflow in bubble and using the Ai assistant to make the API call with the data. Check this video and demo for scraping using Buildship :slight_smile: