Why you want this:
- ‘short text’ inputs that won’t let you concatenate multiple dynamic texts together. This gives you a way to do that.
- ‘short text’ input where its impossible to read longer texts or concatenated dynamic expressions. This gives you a long text’ field that is much easier to read.
- when you want to perform an operation on the result of a bunch of concatenated texts such as [text1[text2][text3] could be put inside arbitrary text and then the group could be worked on by another expression at the top level `Arbitrary Text:format as JSON-safe’
- previous non-intuitive error-prone workarounds like
Current Date/Time is not empty:formatted as textjust to get the capabilities of the above.
Why you want this.
- Turn a text delimited by some character into a list without regex. Split by
line_breakas mentioned above is really nice one.
- Novice users will find it much easier to work with splitting texts into lists
Finally! Thanks . This is exactly the kind of improvment in line with nocode. Regex is hard to understand for a lot of users.
Can I use Arbitrary Text as a text comparison that evaluates to T or F?
How can I use split by to parse and split \t and \n ?