:count is returning -1

I am doing a filter on a list that I want to trap the “nothing found” condition for.

When debugging I noticed that the count I am getting back is -1, rather than 0.

What does this signify ?

1 Like

It’s something we use behind the scene when you do a comparison to a number in the logic expression. Our debugger shouldn’t return that, we’ll fix it, but it’s normal.

1 Like

I have “coded” round it by using if count <= 0.

Just wondered what it was. It isn’t just the debugger, as any workflow based on “count” would need to do this as well.

I just ran into the same issue.

Just posting here so you know that this still happens. As you can see from the screenshot, I had to implement the same workaround that @NigelG did.

In case you’re wondering, I set a text field to display the actual count and it shows 0 but when I had the conditional set to “is 0” it returned false as the value was -1.

1 Like

I also just ran into this issue. Same thing

I did too. Things just started breaking…

Just submitted a bug report to Bubble.

Thanks @joeyg. I have noticed this in other places in my app as well where they were working before.

Same here. Many workflows broken due to this. Workaround of “<=” but this is very random and caused a major panic in production this morning.

Bubble support just reported they have pushed a fix for this issue. For anyone who runs into issues while testing, email support@bubble.io and reference bug# 16999.

1 Like