Delete Action - About 9 WU?

Hi There,
Trying some optimizations, what really impressed me…
About 9 WU per item deleted ?
Did I miss something???

This WF is a very simple delete a Thing in DB…
I should have missed something…

It’s a little bit hard to tell you what may be wrong without the full workflow screenshot. Are you using search? If yes, do you load all item and user :filtered for example? Is it a scheduled WF? All of them contrinue to the whole WF WU, not just the delete action that take 0.6 (is it delete file or delete item? delete item shouldn’t take that much according to WU chart…)

1 Like

I’ve discoverd that I was updating my list, and that’s probably the reason for such a high WU consumption…

Still high, but reduce to 1/10…
The question that remais is that we don’t have a tool to properly understand WU consumption. Most of the time is by try and error…

Any other insights?
Is 0.9 WU the regular consumption of a simple delete a thing?

You got the point Jici…
I’m using a filtered state and was using “data display” as a subsequent action…
I took “data display” out , and data is now automatically displayed, so no need for this update…
Bubble automatically corrects the list of things after an item is deleted.

1 Like

You are totally right to say that actually tool to understand WU consumption are not useful. This is something that Bubble need to improve ASAP.

1 Like

Tks for the insight Jici !
It’s not a good feeling to use resources as little as possible to avoid costs…
and when I say the minimum, I mean it…

1 Like

@Jici
Since we have to update RG after an item deletion, most of the consumption comes from this update.

I’m using a list of things in a state, to avoid “do a seach of…”

but I’ve to use “display a list in a repeating group” after deletion, and this acton consumes a lot of WUs… (depending on the size of the list)…

Am I right?
Is there a way to avoid wu in lists updates?

Just search for the data types instead of what you’re currently doing. You’re incurring a lot of WUs with your current structure.

Searching for things, when structured properly, will save you tons of WUs :smile:

You wouldn’t need to display the list again when you delete a thing since a search is dynamic

Tks @ntabs !!!
I was making everything more complicated than they really are!!!
Dropped my WUs to the floor !