Display image and video in the same RG, and the closest video plugin like Instagram or twitter video player

hi, in my app users can upload image and video, my problem is i have not been able to display the image or video in there respective element, let say when the first cell index is a video file then i want it to display in the video element and likewise for the image also, i have tried putting it in different containers but just dont know how to differentiate an image from a video, any help please on the best video player i can use for this project, something close to twitter player or very simple like that of Instagram… thanks

1 Like

You can provide conditions to display the element, If content is video visible is Yes or No etc…

@kolade199 - did you manage to do this? I am trying to do the same. Thanks!

+1 there is no condition as far as I know that is “if Video”

That’s something that you would have to build out yourself, using your database and some conditionals, like @melon said. @tristan.adlington @chad here’s a video that might put you on the right track (6:00 onward )

2 Likes

Thank you guys! Will let you know how I get on.

I’ve actually found a way around this…

Add a Group within your repeating group. Set the file (picture or video) as the background for the group and it will play the video or show the picture automatically.

Did you manage to get it to play with sound? I’ve noticed the same functionality you’re describing with groups occurs with image elements- but no sound.