Do I need a cookie banner if my app only sets the bubble default cookies? (GDPR, German TTDSG, cookies set by Bubble)

Hello,

after research and queries with support, I came up with the following functions of the cookies set by Bubble:

• [appname]_live_u2main and [appname]_live_u2main.sig: these cookies are the primary session identifier. This is necessary to support logging in and out of Bubble apps, and saving data to the current user.
  • [appname]_live_u1main: this is used to communicate session information to javascript running in the web browser, and is necessary to support logging in and out of Bubble apps, and saving data to the current user.
  • db_latest_version_[number]: this is a technical cookie that stores the “current user” or “current page item” and it allows for fewer page loads.

According to the TTDSG in Germany, the storage of information in the user’s terminal device (in this case the browser) or access to information already stored in the terminal device is only permitted if the user has consented on the basis of clear and comprehensive information. However, consent is not required if the storage of information in the user’s terminal device or access to information already stored in the user’s terminal device is absolutely necessary for the provider of a telemedia service to provide a telemedia service expressly requested by the user.

Question: Are the cookies mentioned above necessary?
In my opinion, they are necessary because the Bubble app (in this case the telemedia service) does not work properly without them. In this case, according to the TTDSG, I would not need a cookie banner or cookie consent if only the above 4 cookies are set. Do I see that correctly?

I am looking forward to your comments. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Did you get a response, anywhere else?

No, not yet.