Dropdown Database Change

How can I change a dropdown value in the database?

1. I have a static dropdown with the values (Yes Text or No Text)
  2. In the database, I have a value [isFarmer] that is a YES/NO type that’s “NO” by default.

If I change the dropdown to yes in the signup form, how can I make that change in the database?

You need to make sure the dropdown input is being stored to the isFarmer field on your create thing workflow, sounds like it is not.

How can I do that? From the workflow or the element?

It would be on the same page of the workflow that is triggered by your create record button.

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 6.53.47 PM

Can you give me instructions please?

Wait are you tring to change what you save when creating a new record or just change? It needs to be added to the create or make a change action that is on your workflow.

Here? I can’t figure out how to change the default value to yes if the user selects yes in the dropdown.

which field is the yes/no? userFarmer? when you click it it should say

userFarmer = input isfarmer dropdown’s value

or something similar to that.

Static Values

OK I am guessing but I think in data your userFarmer is a bolean yes/no but you are actually trying to store more than this as you have blank and what as options. What you want to do is create a user type List in the data tab and then update your dropdown and create a new user type field that is a list.

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 8.24.24 PM Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 8.24.40 PM

On the Dropdown element, set Option caption to ‘Currents options Display’

Make sure to then add this field in to your signup workflow

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.