Element Inspector

I wan to add an element to “Other elements”. I can’t figure out how to make a new element appear in teh “Other elements” list.

Thoughts?

Drag an element on your page then move it where you want in the Elements Tree on the left side

Thanks. I noticed the “Other Elements” appear to all be groups. Is that a requirement that an “Other Elements” must be a group?

What do you mean you want to ‘make an element appear in the other elements list’?

The Other Elements list just shows other elements that are associated with the one you’re looking at (i.e. a text element that displayed an input’s value etc.)

What exactly are you trying to do?

I don’t think I’ve ever even look at Other Elements, usually we just use the tree on the left side

I want to have a drop-down menu with a custom state change a text field. It works for some elements, but I can’t seem to reproduce it it to new elements. I the database set up properly.

The only time I can reproduce the desired effect is if I “copy the text box” and paste it. The new text box will have the desired properties. But, when I try to create a new textbox (without copying and pasting) and I copy all fields and I had set before, the text does not change dynamically.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I can’t quite make sense of any of that…
(and I don’t know how/where the element inspector comes into it?)!..

Can you give an example of what you’re actually trying to do? It might make it clearer.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.