Frames ― A modular design system for Bubble

How long is that process typically? I have never published a plug-in so I a unfamiliar with the process.

Update directly from Googles website:

Review times

Chrome Web Store review times can vary. In early 2021, most submissions completed review in less than 24 hours, with over 90% completed within three days.

2 Likes

This is a major upgrade and robust product so we can only assume that this has been passed up a few levels for further verification/scrutiny.

2 Likes

I came back from a longer break to bubble to continue building the app. But after seeing your work @jameore I will stall it a bit longer and redo the app with your components.

I cannot imagine how much work you’ve put into this product, my god! You should be paid by bubble as your product is going to skyrocket the sales for Bubble once this gets wider adoption.

GG and waiting for the update from Google.

1 Like

Not currently, full edu is coming :zap:

Thanks for your kind words dude.

I’m not going to lie, it’s took a lot of time and effort and we’re only just getting started

2 Likes

Frames 2.0 is live

Hey there, thanks for hanging on. It’s been a long journey since we launched eight months ago but we are pleased to announce the full community release of Frames 2.0.

Before you dive in

Here’s some quick tips to get you started

dashboard

Create a dashboard in minutes (16mins)

styles

Color palette setup (3mins)

Use a base theme to take full advantage of the responsive behaviour.

Use the components to quickly design a page and layout.

Use the UI to build your own stunning components and widgets.

Unlock Frames for full and unlimited access to all UI, components, themes.

And finally, the roadmap

Whilst we have done our very best to drop as much as we can in the library (1K+), Frames will be constantly evolving. No product should ever stand still.

:white_check_mark: New round of UI
:white_check_mark: New round of components
:white_check_mark: New round of themes
:white_check_mark: Frames Youtube channel

So for now, we’ll keep it there as you’ll no doubt be eager to jump in. We hope Frames continues to go from strength to strength and would be honoured if you continue to support us on this journey.

Much love :heart:
James, Gregory and Eli.

Update

Please head over to Manage extensions in Chrome and hit the Update button. Once updated the Frames icon will turn Black and you’re good to go.

Download

If you have removed the Chrome extension from your web browser or the update does not automatically take effect you can re-download it here.

Reviews

Once you have put Frames through its paces we would appreciate it if you could leave a review on our public facing page. We read every single review.

12 Likes

There we go. That was fast! I was just wondering since I already had the new interface available. :smiley:

1 Like

Congratulations! :tada:

1 Like

Super - looking forward to diving in

1 Like

What is Frames Dummy Data and where can I find it? I keep getting prompted to go to Extensions and install it. When I search, I don’t find anything.

Clicked on components, Accordion, and got the prompt.

Should I simply reinstall the extension?

1 Like

Hey Treb, head over to your plugins tab and search for Frames Dummy Data > install the plugin (it’s free) and the prompt will go away :+1:

I did that and the search returns no sign of Frames Dummy Data. Do you have a link to the page in the Chrome Store?

1 Like

Sure mate, here you go:

It is used to load in dynamic data, as soon as you are ready to load your product with your ‘actual’ data, simply swap the data source :+1:

1 Like

Ohhhhh, Bubble Plugins! I was looking at Chrome plugins.

1 Like

No worries Treb, I hope you enjoy the product :partying_face:

Earlier I was able to see the new features and the subscription part. Now, been logged out and can’t log in, sign up, reset password!

I know this isn’t support but if someone has same issue and figured it out, any help with be appreciated. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 7.00.22 PM

1 Like

Looking into this Helder, will report back :+1:

Looks really nice @jameore – good job! Will definitely get myself a license soon :smile:

Two questions:

1. How would you position Frames vs Canvas by Airdev?
  2. Is there a clever way to update the color palette for Frames (without having to update each element manually)? The color palette looks great, but it doesn’t fit all apps for one reason or the other.
  3. Is there a reason why the elements are named “Group A”, “Group B” etc in the elements tree? Why not use semantic naming such as “Section - 1 col” or “navbar-1”?
1 Like

Hey Pong, let me try and address each Q.

Frames is it’s own entity :heart:

What we have done is tried to keep it as modular as possible as we understand that building is an important part of understanding how Bubble works. At all times, you’re in full control over your own product.

You could set styles once your product is built. So for example, if you scan your completed app and find similarities (i.e. blue buttons) you would simply create a style for that element. As for colors, this would be an arbitrary choice based on your brand and product niche.

Same as point one really, the less intrusion we make the better. It’s your product so you can rename as you see fit. Many users like to have their own naming convention, I’m guilty of this too.

I hope that helps, reach out if you have any more Q’s, suggestions :+1:

J

1 Like

@helder all good to go :zap:

1 Like