šŸ—“ [FREE Plugin] Air Date/Time Picker

Sean - love the date/time picker. Thanks! Small requestā€¦could you have date and time in seperate ā€˜columnsā€™ kinda like bubbleā€™s standard date/time picker. Would make it a bit cleaner visually with more of a defined seperation between date and timeā€¦(a hack is using 2 air time pickers, one for date and another for time, but then 2 different clicks, 2 workflow data entries, not huge deal, I know, but thought Iā€™d ask.). CHEERS!

Hey @diamondjoe,
Thanks.
Itā€™s something i can consider for the next update.
Though note that there will still be two different clicks for date and time like the bubbleā€™s standard date/time picker.

I will be updating the plugin in about a week or twoā€™s time and may include this functionality.
I discovered some bug when using it Internet Explorer (IE).
Iā€™m surprised no one has complained though. Does it mean people have stopped using IE. That will be most developerā€™s dream come true. :smile:

1 Like

@seanhoots Getting thereā€¦dream come true indeed!

1 Like

Thanks @daniel3 for this chart, this makes me happy on so many levels. :smiley:
Its so frustrating whenever you develop something and you have to have special conditions for IE users.

Beautiful work. If you released a Full Calendar alternative (display events, etc.) that looks this nice, it would take scheduling UX to the next level.

1 Like

Any chance of enabling a workflow action to be triggered upon change in value for the date/time picker?

2 Likes

Yes thatā€™s doable. Will add to the next update.

2 Likes

How do you save the selected date?
When I create a workflow when an inputā€™s value is changed, the Air date/time picker is not showing up as an option.

Update: I see, you must press a button in order to save.

Hey @seanhoots

great plugin but i have a question
is it possible to make the date format custom?
or is it possible to make a option like this - ā€œmmm d, yyyy h:MM ttā€

Hope this is possible :slight_smile:

Hey @jacob,
It is very possible to accept any date format only challenge is how to present it in the plugin editor.
If i leave it as a text field there is a chance people might specify wrong formats and i will have to parse the text and make sure it is a valid format. And if a wrong format is entered there is no way to tell the user in the property editor.

It is to avoid this that i pre-selected some of the commonly used formats but i can add more formats if required.
So I will add your format to the next update.
Thanks

I understand :slight_smile:
when is the next update coming? @seanhoots :slight_smile:
Thanks for the quick response!!

@seanhoots Amazing job !

Do you have information to share about browser / mobile compatibility ?

Could you consider adding the possibility to have a separate date and time inputs, as in the Bubble one ?
The slider donā€™t seem very intuitive for me and I think some users might have a hard time picking the exact time they want because of the sensitivity.

also, could you consider adding the date format dd/mm/yyyy (currently there is dd/m/yyyy) ?

Thanks !

@seanhoots - Great plugin! As @supernaturally suggested earlier - Triggering a workflow upon change would awesome.

Hi @florent.bocquelet,

The library that i built the plugin from has only this information on browser/mobile compatibility:

Works in all modern desktop and mobile browsers (tested on Android 4.4+ and iOS8+).
But the plugin currently doesnā€™t work in IE and Edge as iā€™ve previously noted on this thread. Fortunately i have a fix and this should be resolved with the next update.

To have separate date and time inputs you can add two of the plugin elements and make one date only and one time only. If you want to use a different element for time you can use it and the get the separate date and time and combine into one date to store in your database.

Yes i can add that format. Will be adding about 4 more formats and will include this.

Thanks

Hey @chrisschrade,
Yes i can easily add that in the next update.

1 Like

Hey @jacob,
I will be pushing the next updates this weekend.
Wanted to gather a lot of feature requests before pushing the update. I think i have enough to push it now.
So by Sunday night next version will be released.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

One more question please. Is it possible to have to selections from the same date but different times? For example to set an appointment with a start time of 4pm and end time 5 pm on July 4th.

Thanks

Hmmm. Cant you use two pickers or one date-only picker and two time-only pickers?

@seanhoots - Thats greatā€¦thank you!

Great work, I love this plugin @seanhoots!

A simple question: is it possible to hide the border, so that only the text is visible? It seems to be independent of border settings.