🎨 [Free Plugin] Color picker

This was exactly the same problem I had. I will try this work around.

@seanhoots does the color picker have to default to a color. I need it to be blank (no color) by default. Any way to do that? Thanks

colorpickerbrokenagain

The color picker seems to be broken again. Tested in Chrome and Edge and only got an empty box.

Hey, the color picker does not work when you use it for a group, only shows an empty box… Could you please fix this?
Thanks!

New Update (Version 1.1.1)

The plugin has been updated to fix the bug where sometimes the element doesn’t work in a group.

Added
None

Improvements
Works consistently in a group.

Removed
None

Hi @carstenkring, @mattblake, @warren.hobden, @peter , guys please update the plugin to the latest version (version 1.1.1) and the issue with the element sometimes not working in a group should go away.
Let me know if you have any issues.

Hi @patricia, if you don’t set any initial color it defaults to black.
A color picker has to have an initial color. I’m not sure what blank/no color means.
If you don’t want to see any color you can set the transparency to 100% by specifying an rgba value with a being 0.
e.g. rgba(255, 255, 255, 0) set the initial color to white with alpha value of 0 (100% transparent).
will appear like below

1 Like

New Update (Version 1.1.2)

Here are some minor improvements and bug fixes

Added
Ability to select empty color.

When checked you will have the ability to select empty color by clicking on the X as shown below.
When an empty color is selected calling Picker’s value will return empty (null)

Improvements

1. Ability to set iniitial color with the color picker (Previously you could only enter a color string.)

2. Ability to style picker elements differently. Previously only one of the styles applied to all elements (this was a bug actually).

Removed
None

Hi @patricia see the update (version 1.1.2) above concerning ability to select empty (no) color.

1 Like

Is there a way to stop the user choosing white ?

White text on a white button on a white background = “zomg where have all the buttons gone”.

1 Like

:grinning::grinning:

@NigelG you mean to prevent the user picking a white color?
I’m not sure if thats possible but haven’t seen any color picker that prevents user from picking some colors.
In a particular use case though you can add some workflow that prevents your users from making some color combinations.
In the example you gave for instance you can add logic that prompts the user to pick a different color if they select the same text color as the button color.

Alternatively you can use the Palette colors feature of the plugin to define a list of colors that you want your users to choose from.

Hi there @seanhoots
I love this plugin, but I currently have a problem with it…
it is appearing or not appearing in random ways on different browsers. Here is the same page grabbed in 3 different browsers:

Chrome (works just fine):

Firefox (half works):

Internet Explorer (doesn’t work at all):

Am running v1.2.1 of the plugin, and the picker is embedded in several groups which are themselves in a reuseable element.

Would love to hear if there is a fix for this!

Best wishes,
Antony.

Hi Antony, can you send me a PM of a sample page where you’re getting this issue so i can investigate.
I had seen this issues some time ago before and had pushed a fix so if you’re on the latest version i didn’t expect this to occur

Hello,

I’m using this plugin and I’m not sure how to make the selection permanent for the user. Can you please offer assistance?

@seanhoots - this doesn’t seem to be working in my reusable element (popup)… Works great on a regular page. Any way to fix that?

Thanks!

Thanks for this awesome plugin.

Just a note: leaving the transparency slider checked and the default “hex” will return an rgb value (v1.3.1).

How can I have the popup connect on the left of the selector as opposed to on the right? As per the screen shot below, my selector is all the way on the right of the initial popup. Then the picker popup appears even further to the right.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @seanhoots, been trying it to work but mine doesn’t work when used with a reusable element. any solution?

It should work in a re-useable element. You can take a look at the AirDev canvas which uses this plugin in a re-useable element for their admin portal.

Any plugin that may disturb its behavior? Mine just shows input for text. But when used to other pages, it works fine.

1 Like