Get the Imgix-processed image URL within plugin?

In my plugin, I’ve created a property of type Image list, and it appears like so…

In the plug-in I retrieve the list of images like this…

var imgs = properties.images.get( 0, properties.images.length() );

I can loop through and display the images, and all is well. Works great. I then change the property’s value to…

…thinking (hoping) I’ll now get the Imgix URL in the plugin. Unfortunately, nope, that’s not the case. It’s still the AWS S3 URL.

So I’m wondering if there’s a way to retrieve the Imgix URL within a plugin. Or do I simply need to construct the Imgix URL myself (which should be straightforward, but I want to make sure I’m not overlooking something)?

I am also interested in the response, because I would need to get the imgix url to be able to send it externally (to Facebook).

Any way to get this imgix url?

Not that I know of. Have you tried sending the URL Bubble provides? I don’t know much about Fb (don’t use it personally), but I’d guess they’d down-sample the image if need be.

-Steve

1 Like

Yes, as stated in my initial post, one could manually construct the URL, but then there’s this issue.

I was explicitly instructed not to use Bubble’s Imgix domain for a plug-in I had planned, so such an approach for any plug-in might not be a wise move for the long term when considering support and future compatibility.

EDIT: To clarify a bit, in an email from support, I was informed that Bubble might transition away from Imgix (for various reasons) at some point. Thus, it doesn’t seem wise to rely on undocumented and unsupported (by Bubble) capabilities. IOW, if what’s needed is not exposed through the API, it would be risky to rely on it.

-Steve

1 Like