How do i add text's value to the database?

This might be a newbie issue, but im trying to save the value from a text to a certain field type in my database. My text is based on the value of a dropdown. i cant figure this out

Hey there.

Well saving a value from dropdown element, you’ll need to have a field of same type for this value. I.e if there is a text type value in the dropdown you save it to a text field in your database. If it is a number you save it to a number type and so on.

So the one option is to use Workflows. If you want to create a new entry you use Create a new thing in wf, however if you want to modify an existing entry you use Make changes to a thing in wf.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Note: To see more features on manipulating data in the database see - Creating, saving and deleting data | Bubble Docs

Regards,

I already have the data from the dropdown saved to the database, however, my issue is my 2 text field to the right of the database. It works on the interface, since they display results based on the option choosen on the dropdown, but im facing issues when saving to database. I create a workflow and added a custom state as text for them, but i still get nothing.

Hi there,

To add text’s value to the database, you first need to connect to the database. Then, use an INSERT query, specifying the table and columns, to add the text’s value.

If you need more help with database related queries then you can definitely check out “DATABASE HOMEWORK HELP” they have technical database experts who can surely help to practice more projects and Homework to get a good command of database, just they did the same for me during my internship, so if you want you can directly whatsapp them at their given whatsapp number +1 315-557-6473 for one-to-one support! Happy Learning!