How to add and remove an item from a list state in one workflow?

I can add the item simple enough but if I add a step to remove it based on if it already exists in the list then it creates a loop where it is added and then immediately removed. I imagine this is a simple fix but i’m overseeing it.

Thanks

Hi there, @reeceb… one way (likely the ideal way) to handle the situation you described is to create two workflow events (instead of two actions within one workflow event), and put Only when conditions at the event level. So, for example, when a button is clicked and the thing already exists in a list, remove it from the list. When the button is clicked and the thing isn’t in the list, add it.

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

The simplest way is to use two workflows instead of two actions (that way only one or the other will run)

1 Like

Hey Mike,
I have it setup this way so it adds it but doesn’t remove it. thoughts?

Those are workflow actions, not events. You need to add the conditions at the event level. Create two workflow events and put the conditions on the events, and then each event will only have one action/step within it, and the action/step won’t have any conditions on it.

1 Like

damn it, I knew it was something simple i was overlooking! haha Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.