How to create a table with dynamic columns?

Hi everyone,

Would you be able to point me in the direction of an efficient plugin or how to create a few features in tables?

1. Users can select/remove data displaying in columns
  2. Expand/collapse columns
  3. Unlimited columns (most likely ~15)
  4. Drag/reorder columns
  5. Save adjusted settings

Bonus:

• Sort, filter, search

I already have the headers and data lined up in the RG.

Cheers

You’ll probably need to set up 2 repeating groups. The 1st going horizontally based on some condition (e.g 5/15 columns needed). The second RG will be vertical within each column and will display the data you require, on top of this will need to be in a draggable element using bubble’s draggable elements plugin.

You’ll need to play around with how each dataset will be displayed and the conditions for this (e.g. hiding columns)

a rough diagram below.

1. saving the settings - this will need to be a settings ‘thing’ for each user, so that it can be referenced later.

or you could try to leverage a plugin like:

Hope this helps.

Interesting ideas, @DjackLowCode. Thanks for the insights.

Going to also ask in a new thread how to drag & drop different reusable elements vertically in a column group. I see this being a challenge as the various reusable elements are not a list in a RG, but individual components. Would you happen to have any ideas?

Cheers

Cheers

@jasonturo no worries.

How many ‘different’ reusable elements would you want to drag and drop? across columns?

If they’re going vertically this is relatively easy to do. If you haven’t used the draggable elements there are plenty of forum topics explaining this. I’ve drawn a quick mockup in the below. The black box is a reusable element.

draggable example

"I see this being a challenge as the various reusable elements are not a list in a RG, but individual components. " - this depends on what you would like to show. a repeating group will show the number of elements in a list. So if you have a data condition that has a count of 10, you can expect 10 rows to be displayed.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.