How to create Stripe customer (Getting error [Stripe error: No such customer])

I’m saying that you can’t change or delete a stored Stripe Customer ID on the User datatype in your Bubble App… (see this thread for more details: Remove Stripe Customer ID - Stripe Plugin by Bubble - Need help / Plugins - Bubble Forum

So you’ll need to delete the User in your Bubble app (Stripe doesn’t have Users, only Customers) - or use a different User…

that’s pretty terrifying that any sort of error could potentially require deleting a Bubble user’s account, especially since this seems to have happened on accident

I’d be inclined to agree… that’s one of many reasons I personally avoid using plugins for things like this, as you don’t have much control over the process…

exactly how could I accidentally have done this and how can I avoid ever ever ever doing this on the live site?

Well, obviously I can’t answer that, but most likely you reset your test data in your Stripe Developer dashboard, or in some other way removed the Customer…

The Customer must have existed at some point in your Stripe account for the customer ID to have been stored in your Bubble database… so at some point that customer has been removed from your Stripe account.

You might be able to search your Stripe account (using the Customer ID from Stripe), and still see some reference to the deleted Customer, and/or search your Stripe Logs to see how/when they were deleted. (if you’ve cleared all your test data then you probably won’t see anything)…

Faling that, if it’s still an issue then I’d probably suggest contacting Stripe Support, to see if there’s some other issue with your account…

Or contact Bubble Support to see if there’s some way to delete/change the stored Customer ID in your Bubble app…

1 Like