How to do a list count for a repeating group that is nested in another repeating group?

Hey there,

I’m trying to count the total list items for a repeating group that is nested in another repeating group.

It’s proving a little difficult, because I cannot reference the repeating group that is nested in my text element in order to do the count.

Has anyone been able to figure out a solution for this?

Datapoints is the repeating group which are the headers.

Company user datapoints is the repeating group that is filtered by the datapoints repeating group. I want to count the total list of items in the repeating group.

Where do you want to display the value? Could you not use a Dynamic search to retrieve the desired value instead of referencing the RG? Also, if you’re filtering and using fixed rows/columns then referencing the RG may not give you the result you’re expecting depending on your solution design (could be more rows than are being displayed, for example).

@deeknee

Consider keeping a count of the nested items in each nesting item . Counting nested elements in tables slow down apps.

1 Like

Ah that seems to work! I guess I need to figure out how I then get to reference that in the text element that sits outside the repeating group. I’ll use a current index of 1 conditional I think.

1 Like