How to search for a location on LeafyMap

Folks, I have a layman question: how to allow users to search for a location on a LeafyMap?

For what I can read on the forum, the search box only works with the Google Map plugin, so I am a bit stuck here.

Thanks in advance!

@vini_brito

Hi,
You need geolocation reverse service (there are many in plugins store),

basically user input the text and service give you latitude and longitude numbers

And than use latitude and longitude to show map on leafy plug-in

Good luck

1 Like

Hi @roayati - thanks a million for your reply!

May I ask for some additional help to set it up?

I am using this plugin: Google Maps - Geocoding Plugin | Bubble and following their documentation (Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.) but I’m stuck. (let me know if you suggest any better plugin)

Let me first explain what I’m trying to do.

I am building something similar to AllTrails, where people can find locations on a map and either visualise info/ details added by other users for that same location, or create a new record for that location and add details about it.

For this reason, I’ve created a Location thing in the database.

Now, I assume I need to create a workflow where I get the input from the Search Box element and turn it into lat/long via the plugin.

I’ve added the Search Box into a group and set the Data Source of the Group as the SearchBox input.

From here though I am stuck, as I can’t find a way to turn the user input into lat/long coordinates using the plugin.

If you have previous experience with it, would you mind helping me setting this up?

Thanks in advance!

I am trying to play around with a workflow but can’t make it work.

@nicolas_dap maybe you have any suggestion?

Did you ever find an answer to this?