In bubble what is the best way to associate additional properties to lists

Ok. Im trying to keep complexity low on a thing im trying to build … but not find a simple solution.

Lets say I have a User data type. And a have a Dish datatype. This dish data is list of food dishes that are say available in a restaurant.

I want the user to be able to rate each dish they try.

The ideal solution is to have some way of attaching the dishes and the ratings of the dishes to the user field directly. But encountering a bunch of problems in complexity.

Before i describe what I have tried the their problems ive run across i’d like to learn if there is a prescribed way to do this.

Hello,

Thank you for your post! By chance, have you checked out our guide on connecting data types with each other? It offers some different approaches so that you can choose the simplest for your use case. Let us know if that helps or if you have any more questions!

I havent but i’ll take a look.

The problem was rooted in the desire to have a single multi-dropdown control at the center of it all. It caused a lot of problems. We’ve decided to move away from it and we are able to build more predictable flows.

Hello,

Glad to hear that you’re already making progress! The multidropdown can be trickier to implement, depending on how you are looking to use it within your app. As you build your new flows, don’t hesitate to reach out to support@bubble.io if you have any more questions.

thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.