Internal page URL in 'Insert dynamic data'?

Okay cool, so you saw the prompt and accepted push notifications. Did you get a welcome notification or something when you had accepted them? I saw you had this setup in the last couple of screenshots here; Internal page URL in 'Insert dynamic data'? - #20 by jessefarquhar48

First thing we’d want to do is check the server logs. Are there any errors? Did you also get an email?

Emails are working as expected (although there’s no magic link in them for users to click but then again we’re trying to do that through one signal anyway)

Nah nothing showed up at all.

error at the bottom?

Yeah that’s cool, and that’s also because in your email body you haven’t referenced the link in the first place.

Okay cool so that’s the first issue - you’ll need to have seen the prompt and then accept it. Without accepting the prompt, then there’s no way it could send the notification to you.

Looking at the server logs it seems there was a Bubble error at the end but it didn’t seem to prevent it from trying to send the push notification so it seems like the only issue is getting the prompt showing in the first place.

On a random test page, can you add a button with one action which is to ‘Show notification prompt’? We really need to get that working first.

Yeah, i though that it would be fine to do it on the dashboard page using the ‘done’ button that the users is already pressing anyway. But maybe there’s something i don’t understand so yeah i’ll just do it on a new page. Thanks.

Also just want to check you’ve read this? OneSignal Web Notifications - Bubble Docs

Some of your setup that I’ve seen in screenshots doesn’t match the instructions properly.

I feel like there’s also some important caveats to web push notifications given they don’t work on iOS.

Is bubble saying to not choose HTTPS?

Bubble (left) says to select 'my site is not fully HTTPS. Is this the case? Keep in mind i’m not a technical person and have no idea what that means anyway lol

Here is … something:

Good news is that i tried the email method again and i got the magic link to work and it did everything it was supposed to do ! (i.e. it took the user (me) to the website > to the redirect page > to the checkin popup etc.) so that’s all working good.

Just need One Signal to work. I feel like we’re real close!

1 Like

Correct. I could go into a long-winded explanation of why this is the case but given you’ve openly admitted a couple of times during this thread that you’re not a technical person, I won’t bore you with the details hahah.

Keep going with the instructions in the Bubble manual and you should get it to a point where you see the push notifications prompt. You should not need to touch the API settings in Bubble, you need to find them in OneSignal. I think I saw a screenshot where you already had these entered though?

The API ID and API Key found on OneSignal (as you show) is something i already found a few days ago and i copied and pasted them in the bubble plugin page for one signal, have a look, did i put them in the correct spot or if any spots are blank that shouldn’t be (i just pasted them in as many places i thought seemed correct:

P.S. I will now go over the bubble manual again.

So just to clarify, bubble does not support HTTPS? Which means i need to select (on One Signal settings) “my site is not fully HTTPS” and i need to choose a label for the xxxx.OS.TC label? If so i would just put the business s name ‘Healink’ right ? so Healink.OS.TC

Man it looks ugly and makes it look like it’s our web address, but hey if that’s all we can do with a bubble app then so be it. Just wanted to make sure.

I take it you’ve finished up for the day, fair enough my friend, you’ve been a big help.

Here’s where i’m at:

Also, the page with just the button and one signal workflow didn’t do anything:

Also, tried again from scratch and checked the logs and found a fail at bottom:

My gut tells me somethings wrong on bubble plugin page for One Signal but idk.

Your app does run over HTTPS but I believe it’s the way their plugin is implemented that means they opt for the HTTP implementation of OneSignal. Once things are up and running then you can take another look on how you can implement the HTTPS version (and there might even be some other threads on the forum which explain how to do this - and also how much extra work that is).

Yep correct. Got it working yet? I’ve just gone through the process and have it functioning.

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 6.50.01 pm

Buble plugin page:

Should be working

Take a look at your Permission Prompt Setup. It should look like this.

I suspect this blue button is the culprit?

Yep, I know it wasn’t in the Bubble instructions but I figured it was required. See my screenshots above.

Ok now that i have press the blue button i have the two ‘prompts’ showing instead of one. But still no push notification :frowning: