Limit characters in a text input field

People have said that you can limit characters in a text input field by clicking the “limit characters” check box.

![Skärmavbild 2018-07-13 kl. 17.45.25|362x145]
(upload://gx15gl3eTRwgHRlH56nhrdq71d.png)

Unfortunately I don’t have this box so I need another way to solve this?

1 Like

I think this is a Text element. Not an Input.
Could you check??

Hi there, @darren.james7518… if you are trying to limit the number of characters that show up in a text element (as opposed to an input element, as @rpetribu pointed out), you can add the :truncated to option after your dynamic expression and specify the number of characters to show.

https://manual.bubble.io/core-resources/data/operations-and-comparisons#truncated-to

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

2 Likes

Thank you, it is an input element I am trying to limit in. I have a signup form and want to limit one of the text fields to, say 50 characters but not sure how?

Ah, okay… the screenshot you are showing in your initial post is not an input (it looks like a regular text element), but if you really are using an input with a Content format of Text, then you can set a maximum number of characters like this…

input

If it helps, the red box at the top of the following screenshot is a text element (which is used to display text as opposed to a user being able to input text into it), and the red box at the bottom is the input that will give you the maximum characters option shown in the screenshot above…

Best…
Mike

1 Like

That’s great, thank you Mike.

1 Like