Login to discord with discord api plugin

Hi,
I don’t understand the flow to login to discord via bubble.

I have read the documentation and dont understand how i should connect bubble with discord.
The eventually target is to get some basic data roles from discord about my server/guild.

I downloaded ‘discord api’ plugin and dont understand how it should be configured in order to create connection between both applications.
Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey there @ella271,

Welcome to the Bubble community! Which Discord Plugin did you install?

Hi @johnny , I have installed ‘discord api’ plugin.

Ok, I’m assuming you’re talking about this plugin. From the looks of you, you need to set up Discord oAuth and you can learn to do that here.

To get a user’s guild after they logged in with Discord after OAuth is set up, I believe you can Get the Guilds of the current user via a data action (i.e. a repeating group)

@johnny Yes. this plugin you have added. In bubble when i click on the button(made workflow to navigated to this link https://discord.com/api/v8/guilds/811187792133881907/members/811225092201644052, and getting result response : { message: “401: Unauthorized”, code: 0}

Where?

@johnny https://discord.com/api/v8/guilds/811187792133881907/members/811225092201644052, and getting result response : { message: “401: Unauthorized”, code: 0}, Do you know what could be the reason?

Where are you getting this error from?

I’m getting this error in the browser.

How’s your API call setup? A 401 error means you aren’t authorized to perform said action meaning you probably didn’t authenticate properly.

Ok. so i think the issue is here: what should i insert into ‘API Key’ field ? and into ‘App Secret’ field?

Setup a Discord Application.

@johnny I have created an app , where can i take from the api key and app secret. I have in tab general information client id,client secret,public key, INTERACTIONS ENDPOINT URL(I have left this empty field). should i take the info from this tab or from OAuth2 tab to fill the fields API Key and App secret?

@ella271 did you ever figure this out?

1 Like