Map set current marker open title window

When using the workflow to select a current marker from a list of items in a repeating group like so

Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 10.45.45 PM

The reference says it should open the title window if the ‘show title window’ is turned on. However, that doesn’t occur.

Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 10.51.03 PM

I found this post from a while back that was asking a question that never got a response indicating the user was experiencing the same issue I am reporting now as bug with this post.

Has anybody had this functioning working properly before?

Just had a quick play, and it works as described if Show title window is set to “always”. Of course, that’s no help if you don’t want a mess of popups open initially.

If set to “On click” and another popup is open, that popup does get closed, and the correct marker is set to the current one, but its popup does not open. Thus, the current behavior suggests that it is indeed an issue which warrants an official bug report.

(I do anticipate using that feature in the future as well.)

1 Like

Filed Bug report #8774

1 Like

Here is “sort of” a work-around. I say “sort of” because I’m using the “always” map setting with the new “Close All” action of Marker Mate, but the marker popups will still appear when they’re initially loaded. Unfortunately, “Close All” doesn’t work on page load (I think because the map isn’t fully loaded yet).

Thus, one would have to come up with an acceptable way to load the markers and close their popups before revealing the map to the user. Or just wait for Bubble to fix the “click” behavior. :wink:

1 Like

I think one way to do it would be to have an overlay group and use blur to “hide” the map and set up the workflow once the R.G. list that populates the map has a count greater than 0 to use the “close all” action by marker mate and hide the blur group.

Probably what I will be doing as it is taking a bit of time to populate my R.G. when loading are large number of results and can place a custom progress bar on top of the blur group to ‘entertain’ the user as they wait.

Thanks for the update on this.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.