More context on our changes to pricing

@emmanuel

thanks for the update! 2 questions popped up:

1) what about the file storage of the new plans?
just searched the posts, but i could not find any mention to it at all… just saw an information that additional packages will cost 3usd for 100gb /mo.

2) limit of things on free plan
on the new free plan, will the limit on the number of things still exist or will the limit be the number of WU only?

could you please clarify?

3 Likes

There are add-ons as well. Did you see those?

It definitely aligns incentives between Bubble and Users in a positive way!

2 Likes

No not sure what you are referencing

1 Like

How does this impact the dev side of an app? Sometimes you have to do a lot in terms of modifying and updating data to get the apps to work properly. I understand once you have a live app but during the building process how does this work?

2 Likes

Great change overall - however, it seems to me that workload units is still not being defined very clearly (i.e. what constitutes a unit?) even with the explainer videos/posts so far. Seems like Bubble really needs to do a lot of educating to convince users of the capacity optimizations.

5 Likes

Does this chart represent just under 10 million workload units per month?

Is that the same workload units we are talking about in this pricing (IE the team version is capped at 500k units per month)?

Just want to check before I vomit.

28 Likes

There are addons as well

lmaooooo

Every app I have has millions of workflow units per month…how did you get to the 500k number?

I don’t feel like this is a right metric for how a bubble app needs to be structured.

16 Likes

Don’t vomit just yet…firstly, you have 18 months to optimize the app :rofl:

Secondly, it wasn’t very well explained but it seems that there are tiers for workload pricing, you should use this in tandem with the various team pricings.

With a target of 50% workload reduction, you may get it down to a reasonable pricing. Time to make your users work for their money :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I’d love to be able to see WHICH action in this workflows make up this 45.48% usage. Something along the lines of “Hey, this particular action is causing the majority of your usage, consider optimizing this”.

Screenshot 2023-04-06 at 8.16.57 AM

16 Likes

Holy smokes, this is not good. If I understand correctly, I’m hitting my Workload capacity for the month on a slow day…

My app rarely exceeds 10% capacity usage with the current model. So basically, a non-issue is now a huge issue.

16 Likes

Also the backend workflow “data trigger event” is not pretty much extinct. How can we use this and maintain even somewhat low workflow usage. This is pretty ridiculous.

4 Likes

This means we have now 18 months to learn how to use another tool…

23 Likes

Well in your previous graph (that you just deleted) it was quite visible that you made 30 mln wfs in just two days. Please don’t confuse people.

1 Like

I think more importantly, they need to direct you to tips on how to optimise. Pointing you to the workflow without any suggested solution just makes you panic even more, kind of like how posters are reacting right now.

For one, i would like to know what to do when Bubble tells you that a search is causing too many workflow units. How and where do i store the search so that I can remove the workflow entirely?

3 Likes

This is my app.

and how it performs as a percentage of the cap on the current pricing for which I currently pay about $900 a month for with extra capacity etc…

So now to match the current usage the cost will go up to $5,791. The alternative of course being that I optimize my app by an order of magnitude.

I love bubble and will of course reach out for help to optimize given no choice really, but initial reaction is :face_vomiting:

26 Likes

How much money you’re making on this app currently per month?

5 dollar net profit, so to say it worries him is an understatement. :laughing:

All joking aside, this really worries me. Because of the capacity based pricing we were building apps a certain way. Now that we are locked in, pricing is changed and we are forced to pay a lot more.

6 Likes