Native App Scolling Page To Page (Group To Group)

Oh there is no repeating group?? @dbevan

Well; regardless, here’s another thought:
After reading the original post of this topic once more; it seems that when scrolling group 1 and then opening group 2 – the scroll position is still evident (which is not wanted).

If you are wanting the scroll position to reset (to the top of the page) when a group is shown; what I would do @dbevan is create a Shape element (make it not clickable and not visible, and hide it behind your other elements - and put it at the very top of your page) - then - in your workflow that shows the group 2 you can trigger a workflow that "scrolls to > (the invisible element at the top of the page).

Will that work?

1 Like

Thanks for responding. @fayewatson knows exactly what I’m talking about.

No, I don’t want to scroll back to the top every time. I’d like to leave off where I was at just like the Twitter App or Facebook App.

I don’t think this is possible unless Bubble adds some new functionality like fayewatson described above.

Possibly create the scenario in the forum app for us to see?..

I have a mobile app with an Ext. vertical scroll, and I have it set up so that when I return back to the group, I am still in the same scroll position. (Like Facebook)

I achieve that effect by saving the cells data as a custom state…

I thinks it’s doable. But you may need to rethink or tweek your design. Like I say - the custom state needs to be saved via a users action, and it has to relate to the cell (which can be tricky to synchronize).

That being said though - it may be near impossible with your current UX, if users do not click anything to save the scroll position…
If you figure out a solution- let us know. I remember battling with this “scroll position” issue in the past

2 Likes
  1. Do you only have one group that uses Ext. Vert Scroll? Because I will have 4 and I think that’s what makes the difference.

2. Are your groups the exact page with of the screen or do you need to scroll down?

3. How would you “save the cells data as a custom state”? Any tips on how to start that process?

I think you may have the solution.

Here is a quick hack together of how to accomplish this effect (it is a starting point, as you will likely need to add to it, to accommodate your app experience).

1. I have more then 4 Ext vert scroll - that should not be an issue - but it will require you to think this “scroll position” logic in different ways and apply it in multiple places…

2. My main Ext vert scroll’s are 380x640p (full mobile width on my iphone 5)

3. See link

So - like it has been said here in this forum topic… this method is not the 100% best way ever to keep a users scroll position; there are instances (when a custom state can not be saved) - where the exact scroll position is lost. You will have to think of a UX that takes this limitiation into consideration.

The facebook app is hard coded using native languages - its safe to say = it will be fairly difficult to replicate that kind of programmatic responsiveness using only web technologies and a visual framework like bubble…
That being said I am very pleasantly surprised at how effectively I am able to mimic a native app experience using only bubble (it’s really incredible); but there is that small percentile of limitation for now.

By using the above scrolling position methodology, you may not have a perfect experience, but it will certainly keep the context for the end user, and keep them in the general area that they were prior to leaving the ext vertical scroll. You will have to play around with it.

I have an idea as how to store the scroll position when a user does not click anything (using a time interval workflow) which may or may not work - but I will post it here if I figure it out…

Anyway! give that a try.
Cheers

4 Likes