Need clarity in this!

I am creating an application where professionals will provide their mentorship and anyone can book them.
I have considered the professionals as the users(data type) and not the ppl/mentees booking them, since mentee’s email, payment, name, appointment slot… would be only required to book a professional , they dont have to make or sign in for an account for this.

My confusion is mentees will be creating some data type-like the above mentioned inputs for booking a professional, so should I treat them as a user type by creating two types of User in option set and linking them to user type or Just creating a separate data type called for example ‘mentee’ and saving their data in them and linking it with other data type would work?

Thanks in advance!

I think you can use any of the options, but you should decide based on your product roadmap.

For me, it would be better if you create users for both roles and yes, use an option set to classify them. This is in sync with a platform that promotes the recurrent use of the scheduling / mentoring, and where the end user could see the history of his services.

If this mentoring service is intended just for one time, it could be the other way, and use the email or phone to tag / track the end user in a simple way.

1 Like

Professional would be seeing their upcoming and completed bookings, ppl who are booking them would just use it like a one-time service platform and I wont be needing them to see their histories of bookings or any thing related to it that’s why I wont be creating their a/c in both scenarios.

Creating a seperate data type for mentees then should work according to ur suggestion and my product road map , I think

Just want to confirm that without making them as user will they still be able create/input data like their info, booking slots, appointments in my platform? like anyone without being a user can create data ?

Yes, a user from your app that doesn’t have an account can create data and schedule meetings, records, etc. it is not mandatory to be logged in to interact with the data, however, when approaching like this remember that any user (logged in or not) can access this data (if the structure of your app allows it).

Sure. I’ll keep this in mind
Thanks a ton:)