I’m trying to build a tool where my users can select from a few different resume templates and then input their information/ skills/ experience into the template. Any idea of where to start, i’m new to this so any help to get the ball rolling would be much appreciated!
Doing this for a client.
- Database structure matches Getting Started — JSON Resume
- Use AI to allow user to import and parse their resume and save into the Bubble DB
- Make an API call to my own personal service that renders the resume info into a nice PDF (using the JSON Resume library). This looks like a hellish API call to be fair:
If you were to do it entirely in Bubble it might be a bit tricky to make it pretty enough but it’s certainly possible. I’d start by:
- Recreate the JSON Resume structure in your database
- Allow users to add all of the relevant information for each data type
- Allow users to order it all (or auto-order by date for relevant areas)
- Display on a page using repeating groups and conditional formatting
- Allow export to PDF using a plugin
Step 4 is hard because you essentially need a new page for each resume style template.