[New plugin] Fully Customizable Organizational Chart (OrgChart)

Hi everyone,

I just published a new plugin that provides a fully customizable Organizational Chart for your application. This Organizational Chart uses the data from your database or another dynamic data source. The plugin offers extensive customization options, the ability to export the chart as a .PNG or .PDF file, a ‘Node Is Clicked’ event and more!

:arrow_right: Demo page (the editor is public!): https://pluginpreview.bubbleapps.io/orgchart
:arrow_right: Plugin page: OrgChart - Organizational Chart Plugin | Bubble

ezgif-7-bc8f55e5d98e

You can always reach out to me for questions, bug reports or feature requests!

8 Likes

Amazing plugin! Found 2 bugs, but I didn’t explore the editor so maybe it is because of how the logic is built.

1.- When set “show collapse arrows”, unclip elements and press on the main/root cards the popup displays multiple times.

2.- The element doesn’t expand the page size vertically.

Cheers and congrats for another outstanding plugin!

Hi @pipeleteli,

Thanks for reporting! I think it is now fixed! This was probably caused by the animation of the popup :wink:

Hi @Thimo,

First thing’s first… this an awesome plugin!

I have a question for slightly larger org charts - Is there a way to zoom the org chart out rather than having the left to right scroll functionality? I am trying to view and export the whole org on one page.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @Bubbler_Joel

Zooming is unfortunately at this time not supported. I am not sure if the library supports this feature, but I will look into that for you! :slight_smile:

Trying to a build tournament bracket, wondering if this is possible with this plugin?

This is what i want it too look it.

Hi, this plugin works great, I just have a few questions about functionality. I like the collapse arrow feature, but is it possible to have the chart display just the current user initially, or the current user and the row above and below, with the expand arrows then visible.

As well as this, is it possible to have the chart shrink to size? the slide to view feature isn’t ideal.

Aside from this, the plugin works amazing and thanks for your work so far.

Hi @agoo7714 These two features are at this time unfortunately not (yet) supported by the library. I have noted these request and when they are supported I will push an update to implement them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Thimo, that would be great.

I can see the pan and zoom feature addressed here Organization Chart Plugin

Wondering if its possible to fork the plugin and try add this feature as I know you are probably busy

Thanks

Happy to pay for the plugin plus extra to fork aswell

@agoo7714 I looked into this zoom feature and tried it out on the plugin, but the zoom is really jumpy. I actually experienced this in the past as well. Thats why I am not sure if I can implement this for you. I will look into this feature in the coming days to hopefully find a solution!

Thank you so much.

I really appreciate the effort. I’ve been trying to find ways to get around this myself for the past few days, but it would be great to figure this out.

For my use case, I can’t have the sliding bars and need to be able to see the chart zoomed out. It’s so frustrating because this plugin is perfect aside from that small feature, and I really don’t want to have to try and build one from scratch when this plugin is available :sweat_smile:

As I said, happy to pay or even try to help you out in any way possible to make this happen

@Thimo this seems to be a great plugin, but I’m having a few issues with it. Is it possible to have objects as the Name or Title so that you can dig down to get to a text object? For example, we are trying to build a tournament bracket like @1david2hot and the Name field would be made up of a Match > TeamHome > Team name field, but that field doesn’t show up in my list to choose from since we are using the Match object and TeamHome is a Team object.

Also, when we choose to use the Left to Right version then the grid shrinks horizontally and makes the nodes shrink to where they are unreadable. See image. Thanks for any help.

Hi @Thimo this is a great looking plugin!

My question is for the “Parent ID’s”, does this always need to be the unique ID or can it be the first/last item in a list? Or potentially another field type?

Thank you

Hello! Thanks for this plugin.

I would like to report some difficulties I had to see if any user managed to adapt these features in this plugin:

• I am able to use the view only in the “Top to bottom” direction. The others are faulty.

• Can I zoom/drag the page with the keyboard instead of scrolling the page or reducing the elements?

• Can I customize the colors of each of the cards? I would like to give the user the option to customize the view.

As a suggestion, I think it would be interesting to drag the “collapse arrows” from the center of the card a little, to make the function easier to understand.

Grateful!

roni@anato.com.br