[New Plugin] Simple Charts

Hi @marco1 – thanks for the feedback! I’m currently working on an update for this issue so that the system can take in other decimal formats from lists. Will let you know when it’s published and ready to upgrade.

Hi, I don’t know if it is me, or that Simple Charts can’t do what I need it to do. I reckon it is me :slight_smile:

I want to get the last 30 records from a data type (i.e. the 30 most recent items) and display them on a line chart with the earliest ones on the left and the latest ones on the right.

The X-axis will display the modified date fields for these last 30 items, and the line itself with be a number that is stored in the data type for each of the records. For example Wed 27th May 4.00pm might have 23 in that field and Wed 27th May 3.40pm might have 39 in that field.

I’ve tried using the until # but I think I must be doing it wrong. I just can’t get it to work.

Hope you can help.

Hi Siddhartha, thanks for reaching out and happy to help.

What you’re describing should certainly be possible. You should:

1. In the Plugin Element field named “X Axis Values” – do a search for the most recent 30 records and refer to the modified dates
  2. In the Plugin Element field named “Series 1 - Y Values” – do a search for the most recent 30 records and refer to the value you’d like to appear on that Y Axis (e.g. 23 and 39 in your example).

Let me know if that works for you. If it doesn’t, please share the link to your app’s preview/editor or take screenshots to describe what you’re hoping to achieve. It will help me figure out how to address your issue. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi all – I just pushed an update for the Simple Charts plugin. Users can now add a Horizontal Bar Chart (in addition to Bar, Line, Area, Donut, and Pie charts). You’ll see it as another option in the “Chart Type” input on the Bar/Line Chart Element Editor (below):
Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 1.30.03 PM

Here are a couple of examples of what it looks like (you can add up to 5 series of data):
Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 1.23.46 PM

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 1.59.29 PM

Enjoy and don’t hesitate to provide feedback!
Alex
TechBlocks

1 Like

Fabulous and super clean looking.

1 Like

Thanks @Siddhartha I appreciate the feedback. Let me know if you have any other requests or questions. Happy to help.

Alex
TechBlocks

Hi all, just pushed another update for the Simple Charts plugin.

Users can now add a Stacked Bar Chart or Stacked Area Chart to an app (in addition to Bar, Line, Donut, Pie). You’ll see them as new options in the “Chart Type” input on the Element Editor (below):
Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 4.56.37 PM

Here’s an example of what the Stacked Bar Chart looks like in in Run Mode:
final_5ee8090983ca64001548f6ea_21914

Enjoy and don’t hesitate to provide feedback!
Alex
TechBlocks

1 Like

Thank your for this great plugin. I have a little problem with colors. My bars are grey even though the colors are correctly set. Am I missing something ?

And now it’s working… Didn’t change anything… don’t know what happened.

@alex4 since you can do a horizontal bar chart would you be able to do a horizontal box and whiskers? Thanks.

Hi @dee – great to hear it has been resolved. Please let me know if this comes up again – I am more than happy to take a look

1 Like

Hey @howard.lothrop – thanks for reaching out! I am happy to look into adding bar chart whiskers (box plot) and get back to you.

Alex
TechBlocks

Hi all, just pushed another update for the Simple Charts plugin.

You can now customize the font style, font color, and font size via the standard Bubble font properties associated with the element however you like, which will update the font labels on the X axis, Y axis, and legend:

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 4.17.28 PM

Here are two example screenshots of different fonts and how they’re applied to the chart:

Font color = Gray, Family = Source Sans, Size = 12
Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 4.25.31 PM

Font color = Blue, Family = Sanchez, Size = 10
Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 4.34.56 PM

As always, don’t hesitate to provide feedback!
Alex
TechBlocks

2 Likes

Hey Bubblers! I’ve just added the ability to show/hide the X and Y axis tick labels (link to demo page here).

Below are three example screenshots of (1) showing X and Y axis ticks, (2) only showing X axis ticks, and (3) showing no ticks at all:

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 10.03.46 AM
Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 10.04.33 AM
Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 10.05.52 AM

Don’t hesitate to provide feedback. Thanks!
Alex
TechBlocks

1 Like

Hi all, another big new plugin update – you can now define click events when users click a value on your charts!

In the example below, I’ve set up a workflow when a user clicks on a bar chart value to show a popup with that point’s label, value, and series name.

final_5f1cec31a4142b00153c6fa9_737905

Here is how it’s set up in a workflow:
Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 7.35.49 PM

The clicked point’s label, value, and series name are stored as a state on the Bar/Line Chart Element and you can refer to them on your design tab or workflow tab. Below is an example of referring to the values on the design tab:
Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 7.44.08 PM

Enjoy and don’t hesitate to reach out with feedback and/or questions!
Alex
TechBlocks

1 Like

Do you have any examples using dynamic data for us chart noobies? All the examples on your demo page use static data and I’m not able to figure how to set the charts up.

Thanks,
George

Hey @gnelson for sure, I just added one line chart demo with dynamic data (more coming) on the main Simple Charts demo page.

You can view how I set up the dynamic expressions for the chart on the editor page. Here are a couple of screenshots of that chart setup:

Dynamic expressions in the editor:

Chart that it outputs:
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 6.25.16 PM

Feel free to check out the data Thing called “Simple Charts - Line Chart Example Data” to see the raw data in case that helps.

Let me know if you have any other questions for feedback!

Cheers,
Alex
TechBlocks

Hey Bubblers, just pushed another update for Simple Charts. You can now add Scatter / Point Charts using this plugin with multiple data series :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is the link to view the full live and editor demo. Here a few screenshots of the new Scatter Plot Chart:

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 2.35.23 PM

Here is a screenshot of the properties you can currently edit:

You can add an unlimited number of data series using workflow actions:

Don’t hesitate to reach out with questions or feedback!
Alex
TechBlocks

1 Like

Another update for Simple Charts! I’ve now added the ability to add and remove Data Series from the charts via workflow actions, which means that you can now add an infinite number of data series to your charts!

Demo recording:
final_5f2b1fe8704ab00014df0b19_229837

Screenshot of the new element workflow actions:

Enjoy!
Alex

Hi Bubblers, I’ve added another chart type for Simple Charts – Radar Charts! Here is a link to the demo page.

Below is an example screenshot of a Radar Chart you can create using the plugin:
Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 2.24.43 PM

You can configure a number of properties associated with the Radar Chart, including:

1. Series Color
  2. Show/Hide tick marks
  3. Gridline Color
  4. Add infinite number of series
  5. Line border width
  6. Min/Max Axis value
  7. Line curvature
    …and many more!

Don’t hesitate to reach out here with feedback!
Alex
TechBlocks