[New Plugin] Simple Charts

Hey @kang.keum.mo,

1. Yes, could you DM me more details about this case? I’m curious about the use case :slight_smile:
  2. What version of the plugin are you on? I believe it was accidentally set as a required field (which is why its reverting to a “0” default field when it’s empty) but should now be optional on v2.36.13 and greater

Glad see you’re making good use of the plugin!
Alex

Hey @christo1 – thanks for the feature suggestions!

I’ll add these to my backlog and take a look at what it would take to implement something like this.

Best
Alex

Thanks,

The Data point custom icons would be my highest priority of the two.

Sincerely,

1 Like

esse

Hello can you help me with the above situation? …
When I change the type of the chart, but I keep the mouse over the type of the previous chart, it keeps the previous HTML ID Tooltip, fixed on the mouse, and does not come out, only when it returns to the previous condition

Hey @backupwisesistemas – thanks for reaching out!

Thanks for reporting that issue. I’ll take a look and get back to you tomorrow.

Best,
Alex

Got it, thanks for the feedback, @christo1 !

Hi all, just pushed another minor update in v1.40.2

I removed the default Y Axis min value – it used to be “0” and even though that field was supposed to be optional, it wasn’t allowing users to leave it blank (it would revert back to zero). Leaving that field blank now will allow the plugin to auto calculate a min value based on the chart’s smallest values.

Note: If you left that value to the default value of “0” you may want to double check that it is still set to zero (if you need it that way) once you upgrade the plugin!

Best,
Alex

Hi all, update in v2.41.0 – a bit of a late post on this one but I’m excited to announce that the Simple Charts plugin now supports Box & Whisker / Box Plot Charts, here is an example:

For each series you can enter the list of number lists. The numbers within a list should be separated with a comma. The lists should be separated with a semi-colon (e.g. “100, 200, 300; 200, 300, 400; 300, 400, 500”). This can be a mix of static values and dynamic values. The plugin automatically does the work of calculating the minimum, q1, median, q3, and maximum values based on the list of data points you give it for each series.

Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions or feedback :slight_smile:
Alex

1 Like

@alex4 Thank you for this plugin, it has been very useful! Is there any way to refresh a chart after its series data is changed without refreshing the page? I am using external data from an api to populate the series data but I haven’t figured a way to trigger the chart from calling the api without refreshing the page.

Hi @eri.ifeadepoju – thanks for reaching out and apologies for the slower reply!

In order to refresh a chart after its series data is changed, you should be able to use the workflow action “Add series to Chart” using the same series names. For example, if you have a series called “Series A” loaded on a chart, you can run the workflow action to “Add a series” to that chart and set the name of the series you’re adding to “Series A”.

Is that clear? Happy to take a look at your editor if needed!

Alex

It works like a charm! At first, it didn’t seem to work but then I suspected that it could be because of caching. This post helped me resolve that: Finally, my API data refreshes without page reload- How I got it to work - Tips - Bubble Forum

2 Likes

Sweet! Don’t hesitate to reach out with any other questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi All, just published a new update in v2.41.3

For Bubble Charts, you can now specify the gridline and axes colors like you can in the Bar/Line Charts.

Enjoy!
Alex

Another small update in v2.41.4

You can now specify the Max X and Y Ticks numbers for Bubble Charts.

Alex

1 Like

Update in v2.41.6

I’ve added the ability to specify the Max X and Y Axis Tick numbers for Boxplot Charts as well!

Update in v2.41.8

I’ve added the ability to refer to the “Hovered Item X Index” for Bar/Line Charts, which will return the item number of the hovered series value.

Best,
Alex

Update in v2.41.9

There was previously an issue with adding/removing data series to Scatter Charts and Bubble Charts where (a) removing a series did not work consistently and (b) adding a data series of the same name (e.g. “Series 1”) would create an additional series instead of updated the existing series with the new values. Both of these issues have been fixed! Please let me know if you notice otherwise.

Alex

Update in v2.41.11

You can now give a bar chart rounded corners by specifying the corner radius in pixels! Here’s a quick example:

Enjoy,
Alex

1 Like

Dats nice!

Thanks @jared.gibb! I appreciate the support :slight_smile:

1 Like