[New Plugin] Stripe Checkout (w/shipping!) 🛒

Hi @adambailey,

Can you post a few screenshots? Have you placed the stripe checkout element on the page?

Hi Lantzgould, please see attached, :slight_smile:
Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 16-47-26 Bubble Editor - Websiteappwithmobile

Thank you. You have the customer id in the customer email section. Move it down one space.

Hi, I’ve done this and its the same issue :frowning: Im pretty new to this so im sure ive missed something I should do.

Have you placed the stripe element on the page? Feel free to send me a private msg. We can take a look together on your app.

Hi Lantzgould, I’ve sent a message :slight_smile:

Hi, @lantzgould, could you please assist with adding more than 5 item lines for payments?

Hi, @lantzgould , I too, am having similar error when implementing the checkout.

The plugin Stripe Checkout / action Start Stripe Checkout threw the
following error: IntegrationError: Invalid value for
stripe.redirectToCheckout: sessionld should be a string. You specified:
null.
at V (https://js.stripe.com/v3/:1:10211)
at J (https://js.stripe.com/v3/:1:10281) (please report this to the
plugin author)

Stripe Checkout Element is on page

Have you placed the stripe element on the page? Ensure it’s in the most top middle.

I think i got it solved @lantzgould . Sorry for wasting your time.

The problem that i faced after dissecting the Error logs is that The amount is expressed in cents in the native currency (which i did not know about), thus firing an error from Stripe that the amount that i set is lower than their current fees.

I have put a test of 1000 representing my native currency of $10 and now its solved.

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m getting the same error. I’ve read the previous posts, and I don’t think I’m making any mistakes. I’ve run the debugger too, and no Session ID is available for the second step of the workflow.
I’m trying to get users to sign up to a subscription, so I don’t think ivanckw’s tip applies (I’m not entering a value/price during the workflow, if I’m not mistaken).
What is happening here?

Can you send me a PM with editor access so I can test?

I think you’re using the customer ID in the workflow from the demo. You’ll need your own here.

Thanks, I’ll send you editor access! Yes, at first I tried it with the Stripe Customer ID that app users had already created through a previous Stripe purchase, but that also didn’t work.

But I was already wondering: if a user hasn’t bought anything through Stripe yet, what do you use as customer ID? Is it a generic Bubble field or something? My previous implementation of Stripe through the general plugin has made it a bit unclear what the default situation is.

Ah, I see. I don’t use the Bubble plugin, but I recall users have reported issues with retrieving the customer id from that and trying to use it here. What I do is store the customer id in a text field on the user, and then use that. I typically use the api to create a customer, but if you’re not familiar there are plugins out there such as my Stripe Customer Portal plugin has an action to create a customer and use it to attach to a user using the Step 1’s customer id.

As a test, try the method of storing the customer id in a text field and running it through the plugin workflow. Ensure privacy rules allow it as well.

It seems we’re getting somewhere. I’ve run the Create Customer-workflow from your other plugin, and written a Customer ID to a user. Of the two workflows, one is working now (the Payment workflow, not the Subscription one). Could it have to do with the line item?