🚀[NEW PLUGIN] Table / Grid "Tabulator"

Feature request: Scroll to specific row on table load. RGs can do this. I have a table of items with dates for completion and an indication of whether they’re overdue. I want to show all of them but have the table load sorting by a date column and scroll to the date closet to today’s date.
possible?
Loving this plugin. Great work and thanks.!
Fred

This plugin is wonderful. Example screenshot below.
But three caveats for prospective users:

1. Data can only be of one type.
  2. On the Professional plan I’m getting load times of about 80 things per second when there are 11 columns, as in the picture below. That’s acceptable for me, especially with a “Table Loading” text element underneath the area where the header will be, but for huge numbers of things, it won’t be practical, as someone said above.
  3. Filtering is great, but the response time for changes to the input area for the search is not great. If you have a lot of things with text, typing the search term for the filter doesn’t respond very well because it’s searching anew when you add or subtract a character from the search input.

Hooking up the saving data is easy and wonderful.
But I’m having a weird issue: for date values, when I pick a date on the date picker, it writes to the database but writes one day earlier! The tabulator display shows the date I picked but then a half-second later it shows the saved value, which is one day earlier. Is that a time-zone issue???

Hello!

Yes, you’re right, it’s a time zone issue. And this is not correct behavior. I’ll take care of this problem today. I think (I’m sure) that tomorrow I will publish a plugin update in which this problem will be solved and everything will work as you expect.

Thank you.

Hi. I sent you an email about the workflow action not showing the “Column” parameter. Am I missing something, or shouldn’t there be a Column between Data Source and Title???

Thanks. This plugin is really making my early customers say “Wow!”

Hello!

As I see it, the Bubble development team has fixed the problem with the missing fields (It was some kind of Bubble glitch.).

And I have published the plugin update version 1.12.1.
Fixed the issue with the time zone you wrote about.

Please update the plugin.

Thank you.

Hey there, this is a great plugin but I’m running into an issue I can’t seem to overcome.

I’m using the table on a dashboard that uses hidden groups as the different pages based on URL parameters. I load the table and the data on page load and have no problem with the plugin table looking great, but this is where the issue comes in. When I select a different page it will then double load the table and basically infinitely add the same data to the same row over and over.

I’ve tried forced reloads, “Only If” conditions on several different parameters and no luck.

Hey!

So that we can accurately determine the problem and its solution, we need to look at a live example. It is better that it was in our test application.
I have created a test application with “Tabulator” plugin connected. This application has full access for you.
I sent you a link to the test application editor in a private message.
Please connect the plugin as you have it connected (make the simplest connection scheme) so that we can see the anomalous behavior and try to solve this problem.
The test application is at your disposal and you can add additional pages and change the data if necessary.

Thank you.

Hi. Can we freeze the header row so the table scrolls but the header row and anything above the table stay fixe on the page?

Hey!

You can scroll inside the table.
Here: https://plugin-preview-2.bubbleapps.io/version-test/02_tabulator_themes
See “Standard” table.
set (for example) “height” = 300
“paginationSizeSelector” - set as you want.

Separately freeze the header will not work.

Is there a way to word wrap the header text? Because i have the boolean filters enabled, there’s a lot of vertical space that I would love to use for text. I would like the first date column here to word wrap “Completed Date”, for example.

1 Like

I want to display a list of dates. I’ve set it as textarea, comma separator, but I get the full date value with the day of the week and the time zone in brackets. Is there a way to format dates when they are in a list and appear through a text_col workflow?

This cannot be solved by standard means.
But you can use not a big hack. If you use the html-tag “<br>” (Defines a single line break).
For example, if you write “Full <br>Name” in the “Title” field, then “Name” will be moved to another line.

Image 11

Image 12

!Attention! There are also pitfalls. In “HeaderMenu” this header will also be displayed with the “<br>” tag
Image 13

So it’s better to disable the display of this header in the “HeaderMenu” and disable the “HeaderMenu” itself in this column.
Image 14

Unfortunately, there is no standard solution here either.
Most likely, you will have to include a column with a list of texts instead of a column with a list of dates.
Those. create in advance in the table connected to the plugin a field with a list of texts, in which you can write formatted lists of the required dates in text form.
Sorry, but that’s exactly what it is.

1. On the Professional plan I’m getting load times of about 80 things per second when there are 11 columns, as in the picture below. That’s acceptable for me, especially with a “Table Loading” text element underneath the area where the header will be, but for huge numbers of things, it won’t be practical, as someone said above.

Hi @MindForApps this plugin is great. i have already one app and running and planning to have some more using this plugin.

i would like to come back to this comment of @prograds. My customer is using a tabulator table in one of my apps for some time now and his historic data is becoming big. The historic table is taking more than one minute for loading and the same amount of time when the user needs to change the page. Is there any workaround to fix this topic? or in any case any fix available?

Thanks!

Hello!

Unfortunately, there is currently no solution to this problem.
All data is processed on the client side. Those. the data is downloaded from the server, then, depending on the column type, the data is processed (formatted, sorted, filtered) and then displayed in a table. And the more data, the longer it takes.

Ok i believe in this case we should use repeating groups for larger chunks of data then :wink:

Thanks!

i read some nice suggestion above for this topic you might consider them for the future (loading x nr of items and then all the rest)

Regarding this, using the column title to reference the correct button.

If you have an edit and a delete icon(pencil and garbage can) the title is superfluous. No need for the text. The text might even be in the way of reducing column size.

I suggest to add a static ID for each column dedicated for referencing that column. Or at least make it possible to hide the title. That does the trick, even if it is a bit messy.

best regards
Alexander

Accordion/Nested rows/tables

First of all, I would like to praise your work on this plug. It is really good.
But of course I have change requests/feature requests! :smiley:

• I really should be possible to access related tables. Could either be solved with “search for…” or API lookup. Most often it is just a “name” lookup. So far I have been able to workaround this with de-normalizing the data, but this is not really a good solution.

• Is it possible to have nested rows? Think of GOALS-MEASURES-TASKS kind of table. In essence it is the same content, just different names and “task”-types, responsible person and so on, but all is stored in the same table. However in the table it would be really nice to show this as a nested structure/accordion style. GOAL first, expand GOAL to show connected MEASURES, expand a MEASURE to show connected TASKS. This is kind of a three-level repeating group.

• It should also be possible to add any element into a cell in the same way it is for a group/repeating group.

• The button column should have possibilities to resize icon. I have not been able to do so at least.

• Is it possible to get access to the language files to be able to translate the plugin into norwegian, or make it available trough the plugin so we can translate what we need on the fly?

• A bit of the same as language translation, all title fields are static. Should be dynamic and at least support app_text, but preferably behave like any other bubble title field. I need to be able to create multi-language applications that change depending on user-login.

Best regards
Alexander Moen

Hello!

Yes, you are absolutely right, it will be more convenient.
I have added this feature. Now you can bind not only to “columnTitle”, but also to “columnIndexNumber”.
“columnTitle”
Image 50
Image 49

“columnIndexNumber”
Image 48
Image 51

Unfortunately, the plugin structure does not allow for this. We decided to make a plugin in which you can connect an unlimited number of separately configurable columns. And because of this, we had to give up some other possibilities. In particular, I had to abandon the ability to work with related tables. This is technically not possible in the current plugin configuration.
I’m sorry, but there’s nothing we can do about it…

Nested rows are not yet implemented. We will think about how this can be done, but so far there are no good ideas on how to implement it.

This is also not easy to implement technically. There are also no good ideas on how to implement this yet.
This feature has been added.
Image 52

We decided not to add a separate Norwegian language.
We left the existing set of languages: en, de, fr, es, pt, he
and additionally added the ability to add a custom translation.
Now you can select “custom” in the “language” field and customize the translation of individual phrases yourself.

By default, you will see the English translation there. Replace it with what you need.

So far it has not been possible to implement changing the contents of the headers on the fly. This may be the same reason as in point 2.

But the “title” fields are of dynamic type. And, perhaps, depending on the user, you can assign them the value that you need.
You can find examples for Columns of “button” type here (at the end of the page):

You can go to the editor and see the connection in detail.

Please update plugin version 1.13.0

Thank you.
Good luck.

Absolutely BRILLIANT!
Thank you for your effort. Much appreciated.

Think about the other suggestions and see if you are able to make it work somehow.
As for the title field, I’m not sure we are talking about the same thing. The title field is “dynamic” but can only be set to a static text. I need to get it from the DB, or with App_text.
Same as any other std components title/text. Please have a look at this if possible.

I also have some other suggestions, and will get back to you when I have decided on what my needs really are.

Thanks again!

best regards
Alexander