Open Letter to Bubble Product Strategy

Also, actions, not just words…

‘We’re improving performance!’
‘We’re working on reliability!’
‘We care about uptime!’

Service level agreement. Without that, all it shows is that YOU do not believe that Bubble can meet the expectations of its developers. Put your money where your mouth is. COMMIT to improving both run-mode and editor availability. I don’t care how low the SLA is - at least it proves you actually have a publicly available target that you are incentivised to meet.

It’s been 6 months since the team said this:

What’s changed? Very little (except that communication during incidents is now moderately better, so thanks for that and credit where it’s due).

I’m very much the type that will avoid external backends unless I really can’t help it, because the value of Bubble is in its frontend/logic/DB integration. But, if Bubble can’t pull itself together, WeWeb + Xano/Supabase will absolutely crush it for me, and I’m already trying to explore WeWeb more in the last couple of months purely because I’m not convinced Bubble could ever pull itself out of the mountain of tech debt it’s under and reliably compete with any new/open source/rapidly growing competitor.

I don’t really care how the community is integrated. Any communication need not be formal. For all I care, post a poll with a list of QoL improvements or bug fixes, and let us tell you which are most important. It costs you nothing, but not listening costs you our revenue and our client’s revenue.

10 Likes