Dear bubble developers, are your clients satisfied with bubble?

Hi colleagues web developers, I am new to commercial web developing, so I have some questions to you. First — do your clients admit your offer when you tell them that you are creating websites in bubble, also letting them know about account pricing in bubble and not enough size of file storage, hosting in bubble? Second — after you passing them website, are they actually satisfied with managing it in bubble? I believe Bubble is much better than WP or any other analogue, how can I make client believe that bubble is perfect for him/her?

1 Like

@Emmanuel @romanmg

My oldest Bubble application has been running already for almost 7 years on a customer.
It’s unbelievable how good it works and how much it scales without concern.

Half of their competitors have called me since, asking me to create a similar application for them :sweat_smile: (didn’t do it, obviously)

4 Likes

My suggestion is to get a good understanding of Bubble capabilities and your client’s problem. Bubble is great for many use cases, I just finished an app for a small company and they are quite happy, but they didn’t need too much storage nor computer capacity.

On the other hand I have projects, which are far more demanding in terms of server usage and I’m using Xano for most of the Backend as it is faster and cheaper.

If you want to sell Bubble apps at any cost, it could harm your image as the product that you would be delivering might not be what your clients expected, so I suggest you to:

1.- Understand your client’s needs, this way you will have clarity to assess if Bubble is a good fit or not
2.- Let them know all the costs associated (I usually provide a scope with a fixed price and a timeline, plus the costs of Bubble maintenance and all the associated integrations)
3.- Be honest even if it cost you some deals, the worth of mouth is quite powerful and it can bring you great opportunities, but also it could give you a bad reputation (the world is smallest than what you might believe, that is even more true in the No Code world)

1 Like

How much faster is Xano compared to Bubble’s database?

Do a search for are faster?

A lot, but it is hard to compare without a use case as a point of reference. But to give you an idea, with a table of hundred of thousands rows, doing complex calls using Joins, Addons (similar to Graphql to add data from other tables to you response) and even processing the data, you can fetch hundred (even a thousand) of results in a couple o seconds. Those same searches could take you 10-30 seconds in Bubble.

1 Like

Hello @pipeleteli

Thanks for your reply. Actually what I´m trying to achieve is a duplication of an invoice several times and each time add a plus month to the date of the invoice.

So I´m trying to duplicate, let´s say 30 or 40 times an invoice with its invoice lines and every new invoice should add plus 1 month of the previously created one.

Do you think it would be fast? Right now Bubble is super slow on it or it causes capacity issues.

Thanks a lot.

Well it depends of what is fast for you and how many times per second/minute do you expect to repeat this process.

In the following example I used Xano’s Scale plan:

By calling the same endpoint that creates a data thing, around 4 times per second, I used around 50%-60% of my capacity and the average response time was 0.15 seconds.

In your case if we extrapolate these numbers, assuming you would stress your system at the same level as I did, 40 invoices could be created in 40 new things * 0.15-0.25 seconds = 6-10 seconds, but in reality it could be less or more time depending on how much stress you put on your system, you could create them all in a couple of seconds, but if you have several requests at the time it will be slower as your CPU usage would be saturated, the Scale plan includes Load balance so you shouldn’t worry about collapsing the Endpoint itself.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the clarification @pipeleteli

Hey @ryanck :wave:

I was just doing some testing. The results actually surprised me. Check it out:

Editor: Test805421 | Bubble Editor

Preview: https://test805421.bubbleapps.io/version-test/optimization_copy_test?debug_mode=true

Normally, copying a list of things should be faster than creating a new thing each time. However, if you use custom Javascript via this Looper Plugin, it’s lightning fast. This is how fast I wish Bubble was normally.

Maybe you can do something similar when creating invoices?

Just FYI, my example is on an unpaid plan. So, if you are on a paid plan, it should work faster when deleting data and copying data.

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

2 Likes

Hey @J805

It´s pretty fast yes. I think the problem can come if I remember correctly because each invoice has invoice lines so 1 invoice can have 5 lines or 10 lines then is when Bubble goes super slow.

What do you think? Can it be fast with your solution considering invoice line items or best to go with Xano or something like that?

Thanks a lot.

You can do each invoice line the same way with the looper plugin too. It’s up to you of course. I just use what I know, which is Bubble. :blush: If there is a better solution, then go with the better one of course.

Personally, I use Bubble for most everything. I will outsource things if someone has already made a product that does what I need though. Like use an API that already does what I need already. Currently I use Calendly to book appointments on my site, it works fantastic and is only $10/month. So, I am not going to build it out in Bubble when it’s not necessary.

Hope that makes sense. :blush:

1 Like

Thanks a lot @J805

I need to try that out. Any guide on how did you implement it? I´ve seen the editor but it´s just as easy as it gets?

I have used the technique described above (using JS/plugins) to create many things at once, but the amount of stress you would be placing on your app by creating that many record at such short amount of time (less than a second), at least in my experience, presents buggy behaviours and wouldn’t allow more than 4-5 users to work at the same time using these feature frequently (in the professional plan). Also, if you time out you will be left with half of the work done and will have to build a workaround for that case, so objectively speaking, unless this app is for your own use, I wouldn’t go with this approach or at least I would (on purpose) stretch the time between iterations (in other words it is a tradeoff between the UX/Performance).

That being said, I wouldn’t suggest you to use Xano just to speed up a single feature unless it is going to be used a lot and speed is crucial for your users. I encourage you to try using native bubble features to address this obstacle (like the “Schedule API workflow on a list” workflow), but at the same time take care of the health of your application and test it a lot to understand how your features/functionalities impact your CPU Usage.

1 Like

You´re right @pipeleteli that was indeed what I was testing.

Right now it has occurred to me that maybe I should just copy the invoices and leave for later the invoice line items since it´s not instantaneous and via recursive workflows Bubble is pretty fast on that.

1 Like

Personally, I think that is what I would do too. :blush: Makes sense to me.

1 Like