šŸ”„ [PLUGIN RELEASE] Advanced Dynamic Tables for Bubble (Excel-like)

@alejandrowunderlich @bdoc ,

Can you guys try to downgrade to the previous version please? For the moment we are unable to reproduce the bug (latest version + new engine).
Do you have any specific steps to reproduce the issue ?

Just normal use of your plugin @BubbleSam

Any answers on changing font styles?

Oh I didnā€™t realise you could downgrade, thanks :slight_smile:

I donā€™t think my setup is very unique. I have a big column group called Content that I put all the content in. I currently have the table set to 100% width and 1000px min height, but it has a lot of columns so they are being cut off, and same for the rows.

1 Like

@BubbleSam Would really appreciate customer support here. I have 11 columns and they donā€™t fit the width of the table. A simple change to the column titleā€™s font size and/or the tableā€™s row data would make it work. Is there a way to do this? Perhaps via CSS?

Hi @alejandrowunderlich ,

Sorry for the late reply. You can use the custom CSS to change the column fonts. You will need to add an HTML element on your page and write a block of CSS

Can you share the css classes to change? That would be more helpful.
Cell font size and header sizes.

Cell font size:

.dataTables_scroll div.dataTables_scrollBody > table > tbody > tr > td {
	font-size: 20px;
}

Header font size:

.dbdefault table.dataTable thead th {
	font-size: 20px !important;
}

1 Like

This is great, thanks!

Hi @BubbleSam . Just bought your plugin and it looks great! I am having one issue that I thought was worth checking. Itā€™s to do with the styling of the pagination and search when using Semantic UI. It seems to me like a timing issue.

Sometimes, the fields look like the original style and other times, they style correctly. Without making any changes (just refreshing the browser repeatedly) it toggles between the two. It also effects the styling of the pagination elements.
See these two images for reference.

The other thing Iā€™ve noticed is that when youā€™re searching, by default you return results where you match on the unique identifier. This can make for some misleading results - because that column isnā€™t visible in the UI.

Is there anything I can do, short of calling the ā€˜Refresh a DataTableā€™ element action to sort out the styling and layout issue?

Iā€™m having the same issue as other people; if my data has only 1 row it will throw an error if any column is empty. This is likely happening because its not converting (empty) into a null string.

Just as an extra bit of info, if I change the browser page width, the table doesnā€™t resize automatically. Calling ā€˜Refresh DataTableā€™ causes the layout to update correctly however then loses things like column order, search filter, selected rows, etc. which isnā€™t ideal.

Does anyone have experience using this plugin for input? Basically I want to copy data from a Google Sheet or Excel Sheet, paste it in the plugin and create new thingsā€¦ I canā€™t see the way to do thatā€¦ anyone know?

Hi, looks like a really interesting plugin. I had a few questions:

1. If a user reorders the columns, shows/hides columns, or sorts based on columns, is there any way for Bubble to ā€œrememberā€ that for a specific user, so the next time they login the table appears as they left it?

2. When loading the demo page, Iā€™m getting a 6 second delay related to ā€œdatatableā€ shown below. This is on both initial and subsequent loads. Would this be the same for my page?

Congratulations on a terrific plugin!
New to Bubble but getting the hang of it. Have an API Connector plugin configured to fetch a folder listing on a remote SFTP server (using slashapi). This works fine to populate a datatable.
However, I want the workflow to ā€˜refreshā€™ the table when a file is uploaded. Iā€™ve worked out the file upload, but calling a Populate datatable command in the workflow (even manually after some time using a button click event) doesnā€™t refresh the table contents. It just ā€˜blinksā€™, and the newly added file isnā€™t listed. It only shows up if I reload the page. Documentation and statements made here seem to indicate that the Populate command should cause the contents to be fetched again.
Thank-you!

Hi @BubbleSam . Thanks again for the great plugin.

I have one question / request. Can you save the file that is generated from workflow ā€˜export DataTableā€™ ? I canā€™t seem to find a way to save the file to database or to use it in other elements (like send it in email attachment).

Thank you!

Iā€™m having this error while loading the plug-in with data:
The plugin Advanced Dynamic Table Grid / Excel / action Populate a DataTable threw the following error: TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ā€˜splitā€™)
at instanceā€¦ [as populate] (PLUGIN_1617804294068x151014387640434700/Advanced-Dynamic-Table-Grid-/-Excel-initializeā€“DataTable-.js:38:7841)
at eval (PLUGIN_1617804294068x151014387640434700/Advanced-Dynamic-Table-Grid-/-Excel-element_actionā€“DataTable-Populate-.js:17:19) (please report this to the plugin author)

Please Advice.

Thanks

Iā€™m having same issues and yes I got nulls values

I eliminated all the null values coming from the API and still getting the same error.

Tried another plug-in, same datasource and it work:

I tried a few other solutions and came back to your plugin. It seems to do the best in terms of what I need. A few outstanding issues that I hope to resolve:

• plugin has issues with null data. If a populate datatable action takes place even where the some of the fields are null, there are errors presented and it doesnā€™t populate. Date fields with no data are an issue as well.
    -table data will not refresh if the source data is modified unless thereā€™s an explicit populate action made or the browser window is refreshed. Was hoping to find a workaround to have it refresh dynamically.

Hi there,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We will test it from our end. As a workaround, you can probably try to replace your null values by empty strings?