🙋‍♂️ [PLUGIN RELEASE] Users Online

This all-in-one plugin provides rich information about a visitor:

• status (active/idle/browser tab not active)
  • IP address
  • country, city, lat/lng
  • internet provider
  • and more!

:fire: Some use cases:

• store visit analytics and statistics
  • number of visitors online / rich info about online visitors
  • visitors and opened pages
  • get rich visitor info
  • automatically logout user after X min of inactivity

We created a demo app to demonstrate plugin in action: it shows all the visitors online, opened pages, activity statuses and geo info:

:link: Demo | Editor

:link: Plugin Page:

:books: Full Description, Documentation & Screenshots

10 Likes

Wow, this plugin looks awesome!

1 Like

Does this plugin works for pages associated to a data type (aka a slug)? I mean, for a SaaS app, could we use this plugin to know which page / data (slug) is being visited?

Very nice ! I was looking for that.

I tried the demo, is it possible to have the plugin work without the progress bar?

I see in the demo that all IPs are hidden. Is that for the demo only?
I ask to be sure of RGPD compliance.

This plugin does not provide the page info directly. Instead, it provides info about the visitor (IP, country, city, lat/lang, internet provider and more) and its activity status (active, hidden, inactive).
You can enrich this data with any kind of additional info such as last visit, viewed pages etc

Bubble’s progress bar appears when you save the data into the database. The IP addresses and cities are hidden in the demo for privacy reasons.

1 Like

Hi there,

Love the plug in and started using it in a community FinTech-type app we are working on. I followed your demo example and got it working pretty well.

Unfortunately, for some reason, it’s interfering with financial calculations that are done using ListShifter and/or interfering with our financial API calls. The end results of our computations are really weird.

When we uninstall Users Online plugin, then everything reverts to properly computing the financial data. I’m not sure 100% where the conflict is occurring, but we’ll have to pause on using it for the moment.

Thanks,
Dan

FWIW there’s no reason that any other plugin would mess with List Shifter (it doesn’t depend on any libraries that anyone else has, for example) and LS doesn’t do anything weird like putting data on the window, so it can’t be clobbered that way. But it’s possible that other plugin is crashing and causing some issue in your page.

You could always see what’s going on in the console, of course.

If you’re doing long-running things with Process List or something I suppose it’s possible that a crash in some plugin could blow up the call stack or something and interrupt execution.

It’s a plugin with 60 installs so it’s not something I’ll look at further (which is to say at all). Apparently it just doesn’t work.

1 Like