[Plugin Update: 2021] TechBlocks Charts and Graphs (Chart.js)

What if I want to change the color and the style of this text?

I have tried the scatter charts for the functionality of missing Y values at certain X coordinates. It seems the scatter chart also requires the corresponding X value to be missing to skip that coordinate. This is very tricky as the kind of chart I am doing, called an Audiogram, uses fixed and known X values like this: 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000, 3000, 4000, 6000, 8000. Some audiograms have the Y values missing for the inter-octaves (750, 1500, 3000, 6000) others only have (750 and or 1500) missing and so forth. To be able to leave out the X values I will need to create option sets for each possible combination of X values and pull the correct combination via complex conditionals.

Where if I could simply indicate a missing Y value through a simple Series Y values: Yvalue 250, ,Y value750, Yvalue1000, , , YValue3000, YValue4000, ,YValue 800 and have the , , not default to a 0, as it currently does, but instead just skip that X value, it would be ideal. Is there a simpler method I am missing?

I do however like the scatter chart as I can select symbols for the data points, although there are a few that are missing for my application i.e < & > & [ & ] but it is better in that regard than the line chart.

Hey Alex, thanks for working on this. Do you have an idea how long you think it’ll take?

@uzair7175 you can change the color of the tick label text in the properties of the element, under the “Tick Label” subsection. The font family/style can be change in the element’s general properties (near the bottom of the element properties).

@christo1 – thanks for the additional info. It seems like your use case is pretty different – I’ll have to think about how I might be able to handle this in the plugin. I’ll send you a PM to continue this conversation

@jachoward thanks for following up! This got delayed on my backog but I have this on my list for this week, so it will be ready soon

1 Like

Thank you

Hi
First off, the plug-in looks great. I have a rather left-field need which I think might be solved with your plug-in: I’m trying to represent the position of users of the service I am working on. That position is essentially an X/Y value, recalculated overtime (based on inputs), and represented by a star - see attached image.

Can I use your plug-in to plot the value against an X/Y graph, with that spectrum image in the background?

Hi @Samuel07 – thanks for reaching out and thanks for the kind words about the plugin :slight_smile:

Yes, you should be able to achieve what you’re looking for by doing the following:

1. Add your spectrum image background on your page
  2. Add a Scatter Chart in front of the spectrum background
  3. Use the “Star” point style (FYI this star is a bit different than your five pointed star in your image)

One more thing to note: will the coordinates never reach the top right/left and bottom right/left corners of your spectrum circle? In other words, the chart is on a rectangular grid and your spectrum is circular; the points might go beyond the parts of the spectrum depending on your coordinates

Hi @alex4
thanks for getting back to me! Awesome… will try that.
In answer to your question: yes, the idea is that the coordinates stay within the boundaries of the circle. Each score will be engineered in such a way to stay in.
Re the image background, silly question: I assume it is possible to restrict it (and the graph) to a part of the page e.g. a frame or “include”?

Hi @alex4

This is a great plugin, awesome chart designs. I’m obviously missing something as I cannot seem to get the dynamic side of things working (It seems far more complicated than the Bubble chart plugin)

I’m probably missing something simple. Basically, I have a data type called “Events” which are created by users. I want to add a bar chart that displays total events per user. I can’t seem to get the formula right. All the tutorials I’ve watched don’t show in-depth dynamic use but rather simple fields such as:

“Product A” , “Year” , “Revenue”

In my Application, the data structure is far more complex, especially when there are nested lists.
I have the X-axis working and displaying users names in the legend correctly using the below search function:

As you can see the users I am looking for are there:

So how do I display the total events created per user? Once I get this right filtering by months/years wont be an issue.

This is how my Y axis data looks - (I have spent about a week trying different methods with no luck)

These are the “Event” fields:

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The text of the labels along the axis?

Hey @rosewaterbrands – hope you’re doing well and thanks for reaching out! Could you create a page isolating the chart issue/dynamic expression you’re working on and PM me a link to your editor so I can take a look to help you out?

@uzair7175 – yes, the tick labels are the textual labels along the X and Y axes!

1 Like

Update in v4.24.0: Line/Bar and Scatter Charts – Added the ability to refer to the Dragged Item’s Series’ values

Here’s a screenshot of what this new state looks like for a Bar/Line Chart:

This should be helpful if you want to allow users to drag a whole bunch of points on your Chart, then update your database in one workflow action.

FYI @jachoward – thanks for the feature request here and let me know if you have any questions/feedback as you try it out!

Happy Bubbling!

Thanks, @alex4 for the awesome support. Problem solved.

1 Like

You are the man, Alex. This is perfect for what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

1 Like

@rosewaterbrands fantastic – happy to hear and thanks for the kind words!

@jachoward excellent to hear the new feature is working well for you! Don’t hesitate to reach out with other requests. Best of luck!

Great, I just updated and this is much better. Can I change the font of the legend too? Thank you!

Hey @uzair7175 — yes, you can customize the Legend’s font family/style, color, and size through the standard style properties on each Chart element (near the bottom of the inspector on the design tab)

1 Like

Very Nice; That is perfect I will update it there

1 Like

@uzair7175 – excellent, let me know if you have any other questions. More than happy to help!

Alex

1 Like

Hi @alex4 ,

I think the pie chart has a bug. Please look below. How is it possible?