Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

[Plugin Update: 2021] TechBlocks Charts and Graphs (Chart.js)

Hey @hello.plannwin – that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for explaining the pain point here. Let me see what I can do – will get back to you this early week!

Alex

Hey @mcarreth – responding to this post of yours on the other thread:

Excellent plugin, I hope you can help me. I am trying to modify the data shown in the chart but through buttons.

The way I see it, I would like to see buttons by date range above the graph.

For example, I would like to see only 4 years of the graph (which I still cannot do, I hope you can help me with that as well) and that the user when pressing a button that says historical, he presses it and the graph will show the historical data

You should be able to modify the data in the chart using buttons by using the add/remove series using workflows. For example, if you want to add a series (let’s call it Series A), you can set up a workflow to occur when a Button A is clicked. In that workflow, you can define the data in Series A using dynamic searches in your database.

Furthermore, if you want to update/modify the data in Series A, all you need to do is use the same workflow action and use the same series name (in this case, “Series A”) and update the data to what you need it to be.

Alex thank you very much for your answer and help.
You saved me.

@mcarreth glad to be able to help! Let me know if you have any other feedback :slight_smile:

Hi all, new update in v4.2.0: Dedicated Element for Mixed Charts

In your elements menu on the Bubble editor’s design tab, you’ll now see a new element called “Mixed Charts” that enables you to create Mixed Bar, Line, and Area Charts more easily than you can with the standard Bar/Line Chart. Previously, you could only create a Mixed Chart by specifying different chart types via workflow actions (adding series to the Bar/Line Chart). Now, you can create Mixed Charts directly inside of the element inspector without workflows!

mixedcharts

(Thanks for the suggestion @hello.plannwin – the feature is now ready for your use once you upgrade the plugin to the latest version)

Enjoy!
Alex

1 Like

Hi all, another new update in v4.2.1: Complex List Calculations now supports Adding/Subtracting

Occasionally, you will need to manipulate your Chart’s list’s numbers. The plugin has included a “Complex List Calculations” element since 2019 that helps you multiply/divide a list of numbers against another list of numbers (or a single number).

We just pushed an update for adding/subtracting as well. It works like this:

Say you have List A which is “1, 2, 3, 4, 5” and you set it to add to List B which is “6, 7, 8, 9, 10”. Adding these two lists in the Complex List Calculations element will result in a List that is 1+6, 2+7, 3+8, 4+9, 5+10 or “7, 9, 11, 13, 15”. Let me know if you have any feedback or other requests!

Thanks @Guglielmo for the feature request!

2 Likes

Can I add lines for each of the tick marks on the axis? For example, on the vertical axis, I want little horizontal lines that show where each number is?

Hi @princesssoria13 – good question! You can’t add tick marks yet, but you will be able to soon – I have added this on my backlog for this week to complete. Will keep you posted on when it’s ready!

Alex

Right, sorry. Like can I make a line chart with a logarithmic vertical axis?

1 Like

Hey @mufei401 — ah, I see. This has been requested before. I’ll add it to my backlog and will probably have it ready this or next week!

1 Like

I see. Thank you! Will this be available for both axis?

Hey @princesssoria13 — for the relevant Charts (i.e. Scatter Charts, Bubble Charts, Advanced Line Charts) the logarithmic axis will be available on both X and Y axes for other charts like Bar, Standard Line this will be available on the Y axis. For Horizontal Bar, it will be available on the X axis.

Keep you posted on when this is ready!

Alright, I am looking forward to it. Thank you!

Update in v4.3.0: Tick Mark Length Property for Bar/Line Charts

You can now customize the tick mark length on the Y Axis for Bar/Line Charts (previously, it was set to zero pixels and not customizable). Will add this for the other charts soon! FYI @princesssoria13 thanks for the request!

Update in v4.4.0: Bar/Line Charts – Ability to customize data label’s background and border color

Hi all, just released a new property for Bar/Line Charts that enables you to customize the data label’s background color and border color in case you need to add contrast to your chart’s general background color. Let me know if you have any feedback!

Alex

Hey Alex, what about multiple different axis for a Bar chart? If I have two series, can one be tied to an axis and another series be tied to another axis?

1 Like

Hey @mufei401 – I also have this one on my backlog to provide multiple series for a Bar and Line Chart. It’s a bit bigger of an update but I should have something by the end of June. Thanks for the input – please keep the feature requests and feedback coming! Loving your feedback

1 Like

Update in v4.5.0: Scatter Charts: Added ability to set line width when “Connected Points”
is yes

Added more customization options for connected Scatter Charts (i.e. Advanced Line Charts). You can now set the width of the connecting line (in pixels) – hopefully this helps get the Advanced Line Chart options on par with the standard Line Charts!

I see. Thanks Alex, Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Hi, I have used a Mixed Bar/Line/Area chart and I am trying to display two data series but the values are in different scales.
One of the series ranges from 0-100 and,
The other ranges from 0-10M

This causes the first series to stick to the bottom of the graph. Is it possible to provide different scales for y-axis for both series?