Polling an API Every 5 Seconds to Update Object

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have a guide on how to update an object in a bubble database by doing a get from an api?

Hi @robert_crawford1 !

For that you can use the API Connector plugin:
https://manual.bubble.io/core-resources/bubble-made-plugins/api-connector

So I setup the URL and it’s doing the get
How can I use a particular parameter to query the api using a workflow?

/arcgis/rest/services/Hosted/StreetWise_AVLCurrent_1_View/FeatureServer/0/query?where=UnitID+like+%27[PARAM]%27&objectIds=&time=&geometry=&geometryType=esriGeometryEnvelope&inSR=&spatialRel=esriSpatialRelIntersects&distance=&units=esriSRUnit_Foot&relationParam=&outFields=&returnGeometry=true&maxAllowableOffset=&geometryPrecision=&outSR=&havingClause=&gdbVersion=&historicMoment=&returnDistinctValues=false&returnIdsOnly=false&returnCountOnly=false&returnExtentOnly=false&orderByFields=&groupByFieldsForStatistics=&outStatistics=&returnZ=false&returnM=false&multipatchOption=xyFootprint&resultOffset=&resultRecordCount=&returnTrueCurves=false&returnCentroid=false&timeReferenceUnknownClient=false&sqlFormat=none&resultType=&datumTransformation=&lodType=geohash&lod=&lodSR=&f=pjson

Set your Key as param. So for your example:
/arcgis/rest/services/Hosted/StreetWise_AVLCurrent_1_View/FeatureServer/0/query?where=UnitID+like+%27[PARAM]%27
Change it to:
/arcgis/rest/services/Hosted/StreetWise_AVLCurrent_1_View/FeatureServer/0/query?[where]

Make sure the Use as option is set to Action:

Enable Backend workflows if you want to run a workflow in the background:

Your API actions can be found under the Plugins tab:

Thanks Thomas for your reply?
I’m a bit confused, lets say I have an object with a string data type and I want to query the api with that string from the object in a workflow how would I do that?

If I understood you correctly, you want to get a list of Things and for each of those things you want to call an API. After that call you want to update that same thing based on the data that has returned from your API call. Correct?

If so, I would recommend you to watch this video (https://youtu.be/Et9fYo4ZxkQ) and then instead of sending an email, you trigger an api call and updating a thing.

Good luck.