Problem: Do workflow "only if" text is already not in database

Hey All,

I feel this is a very basic question, and I’m sure I’m overlooking it, but for the life of me I cannot figure it out. It seems very basic … even after looking online for almost two hours.

I have a input (“Your Email Address”) and button (“Notify Me”). I further have a workflow that puts the email address in a data type of “Launch Notification” and field type of “email,” when the “Notify Me” button is pressed. My problem is, I don’t want someone to be able to submit the same email multiple times, but I cannot get it to work for the life of me. Any assistance? Attached is a image of what I’m talking about and as you can see the “only if” portion is red and not working, with the error saying, “Create a new launch notification…: Only when should be yes / no but right now it is empty.”

Hi there, @awaydomain… try something like this for your Only when condition…

Search for Launch Notifications:count = 0

with a constraint on the search of…

email = Input Your Email Address's value

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply @mikeloc! I’ll try it out and report back. Also, I would have never of guessed to use ‘:count = 0’. What exactly does this do, and is there any tutorials and/or learning documentation I can read up on to understand it more?

No problem, @awaydomain… happy to try to help. The search with the count looks through all of the launch notifications and does a count of the things that match the constraint… in this case, where the launch notification’s email is the same as the email that has been entered by the user. If the count comes back as 0, the condition passes and the step can run.

I don’t know if any tutorial would have led you directly down this path… just comes with experience, I think. That being said, if you haven’t done the Bubble tutorials, you should do them because they are a great way to learn the basics (and some of the not-so-basics) that lead to the experience that helps to get you down the aforementioned path. :slight_smile:

Best…
Mike

1 Like