[Product enhancement] Updated plugin marketplace

This would be a great addition!
We can use bb codes for now but it doesn’t work in bubble editor, only on plugin page.

1 Like

@sam.morgan Nice work, looks great! :slight_smile:

Just leaving some minor feedback that could make the plugin detail page even better:

• It seems like only perfect 5/5 star ratings show 5 yellow stars on the main card on the right. It would be great it could show the exact amount (like used in the review section):

• It also seems like the subscription price is missing from this page, only the one time price shows. That could be a bit confusing I think. It would be great if we could also show the subscription price.

Thanks! Great update overall!

7 Likes

This should be fixed now! Sorry about that - let me know if you’re still seeing any issues with the review response system!

1 Like

This has been fixed as well. The tutorial button now properly links to the demo page.

1 Like

Also fixed! :slight_smile:

Awesome feedback, @Thimo - I just pushed an update that displays the monthly price alongside the one time price if it exists.

We are also working on updating the star rating feature - that will take a bit more time, but its on our list!

3 Likes

That was fast, really nice!
A small thing is that it says “template author” on plugin review response :sweat_smile:

Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 18.25.34

@sam.morgan Looks great! I think it would be good to put the plugin author back into the list view though. I know if I’m searching for a plugin I have preferred authors and it would be frustrating to open every plugin detail page just to see who built it.

6 Likes

Really good to see instant fix like that :open_mouth: :+1:

Appreciate this update, good to see that is not a “pay to be on top” system !

Great point, will pass along to the team!

@grace.hong @sam.morgan overall seems good but couple of issues:

• Rather slow
  • Featured plugin sections makes content of page “jump around” on page load
  • Some plugins don’t seem to have a working link? you click and just a page reload no redirect… e.g. for Plausible plugin:

Yes, I saw this for Bubble’s multi drop-down plugin (by the way, aren’t non responsive plugins supposed to be delisted now?). Page opens in new tab to a blank URL.

just taking a moment to acknowledge how Sam + team released this update and have been taking feedback in real time in the last 24 hours. Way to go :rocket:

5 Likes

To be fair, this kind of update/release cadence is kind of the point of Bubble!

2 Likes

Thanks Tom!

Working on fixing the leave site popup, that’s certainly unexpected. We should have that solved shortly.

The plugins without a working link is legacy behavior that we didn’t address right away with this update, but are planning to. Some plugins still show up in this list that may not be eligible to be listed on our marketplace - this is why you see the page reload - because we redirect back to /plugins if we try to load /plugin with a plugin that is not eligible.

A plugin might be not eligible for a number of different reasons. Ultimately we plan to include this logic in the filtered list of things that show up on /plugins in the first place, but there are some data architecture concerns we need to address first.

As @georgecollier pointed out below, there are some bubble-built plugins that aren’t linking anywhere - these should be linking to our manual and I will fix this in an upcoming update!

Speed is also being actively worked on with the same data architecture adjustments.

Thanks all for all the feedback!

3 Likes

Would you mind expounding on that for the benefit of users looking tonsimilarly speed up their filtered searches?

Great UI refresh and appreciate the tags on the left to filter plugins.
Still I’m missing one key thing: a score telling me how reliable is each plugin before having to install it and test it to validate it’s really fitting my need.

I lost a lot of time while building my last app with Bubble and plugins quality are not homogeneous in your marketplace.

Information that would be useful to assess a plugin quality:

• last version release date

• can the plugin be forked?

• how reactive is the plugin creator if contacted

• is the plugin safe for Europe data policies (I had an issue with Amplitude plugin around that)

Thanks a lot, please reach out if you want a more detailed answer

Paging showing incorrect number of pages

Also, I think you guys might be running up your WUs, you might reconsider a debounce / throttle function. It looks like its filtering per keyup.

2024-06-14 12.16.36

4 Likes

One thing I think would be great for UX is the ability to save a plugin to a “favorites” list. Too many times I’ll find a plugin that could be useful for future projects or ideas, and I’ll bookmark the page to a folder on Chrome to remember for later. It would be nice to have this inside Bubble.

4 Likes