[Product enhancement] Updated plugin marketplace

Hi everyone,

I’m Grace, the Product Manager for our Ecosystem team.

We just rolled out a major reskin of our plugins marketplace!

Here’s what’s new:

• Enhanced Filters: We’ve introduced a range of new filters to help you narrow down your search:
    • Category: Explore plugins by category, featuring new categorizations like PDF, Chart, Chat, Calendar, and Image.
    • Plugin Type: Choose from a variety of plugin types including Action, API, Background Services, Element, Event, Login Service, and Storage.
    • Price: Easily differentiate between premium and free plugins to suit your budget.
    • Partner-Supported: Find plugins supported by our trusted partners for added reliability and support.
  • Advanced Sorts: Discover plugins with ease using our new sorting options:
    • Most Installed: See what’s popular among users.
    • Highest Rated: Find plugins by user reviews.
  • Featured Section: Check out our new featured section highlighting top plugins based on installs and reviews, making it easier for you to find high-quality plugins quickly.
  • Reskinned /plugin: We’ve revamped individual plugin pages to provide a better understanding of how each plugin works. Now you can make informed decisions before integrating a plugin into your project.

Check out the new plugins marketplace!

Are you a plugin developer? Don’t forget to update your plugin category and information on your /plugin page to ensure it’s accurately represented in our revamped marketplace. Help users find your plugin effortlessly by providing detailed and up-to-date information.

28 Likes

Excited about these changes! Let us know what you all think!

2 Likes

Initially this scared me, I thought this was another “gold-tier agency” perk, where they get partner-status. After looking, it looks like the partner built is official integrations from other companies, or official integrations built by the Bubble team. Is this a correct understanding?

Also, I’d like to see something to display a month price versus full out purchase price. My plugin offers both, but only the higher full price is shown on the list. Understandable, how do you display 2 different pricing models in one tiny card, is a great question that I have no answer too, just an observation to pass along.

Overall, I like it. It’s a tad slow, but the look is a lot more clean, and user friendly to search through.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if there is any other demand for it, but being able to get an overview of the plugin contents, before actually installing (pulled from the latest version), I find super useful and gives an insight as to how it will work in production. Example:

Additionally having the latest version of the plugin displayed on the page is quite useful as a reference.

20 Likes

+1 to this.

Can we please get ‘relevance’ sort where each plugin has a score based on some weighted product of reviews + installs. I can see you already store the average rating as a field on the Plugins data type, and the count, so it should be trivial to implement! It would help ensure new, well built plugins get the attention they deserve and are able to compete against incumbents, which leads to better quality plugins and a better Bubble user experience :grin:

Agree with this, and I’m on laptop. Searching something simple like ‘multi select’ or ‘dropdown’ can be really slow and causes lag on my browser (not loading time, just general freezing). It’s probably because you’re updating the search every time a character is typed, when it should really be once we’ve stopped typing…

5 Likes

Looks sharp!

One feature request: as a user looking for high-quality plugins to use, I want to filter by average star rating (e.g., show all plugins over 3 stars), so that I can know that I’m going to be installing a well-liked plugin.

2 Likes

Thanks all for the feedback so far!

Re: slowness - this is something we’re aware of an looking to address with some follow on work. George is right that its partially because we’re updating the search with live text from the input. The other aspect is that right now our plugin data all comes from the codebase, so we’re searching over a long list of json objects.

We aim to address this in a future project - keep the feedback coming!

4 Likes

You should be able to switch the sort dropdown to “highest rated”!

1 Like

And please add “exposed states” to the contents. The states don’t even appear for installed plugins, and it’s always seemed like an oversight to me. Thanks for considering.

5 Likes

How can we update the categories? Doesn’t seem like there is an option other than

1 Like

These are the categories! You would check whichever ones apply to your plugin here.

If you’re referring to the “type” filter on the page, that is set automatically by our systems based on which types of elements / actions you have included in your plugin. Ie: your plugin will be assigned the type “element” if you add an element to the plugin, or “API” if you had an API connection with the API connector.

A plugin can have multiple types and multiple categories, but currently, we only allow filtering by one category and one type at a time.

The links in the plugin description section are now non clickable, is this on purpose?

p.s.
Great update overall!

hey @sam.morgan - we built a bubble plugin marketplace with algolia for meerkat.market and it was super fast.

Another observation, in the Reviews we can no longer see the plugin owner response!

Sometimes users ask something with a bad review, and a simple answer from the admin clarifies it, but now only the bad review with unanswered questions is seen.

2 Likes

Thanks for this feedback - this was an oversight and we will add this back asap!

1 Like

We will also fix this! Great catch.

1 Like

Another small thing. The new Tutorial button removes all paths from the URL that was set in the Demo field from plugin editor.

Full link in editor

The final link from the Tutorial btn
Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 20.43.13

Great addition, much needed.
Now if you guys could sometime add the published date back (not sure if I’m missing it somewhere) and allow plugin editors to use markdown (or rich text editor) and have it actually display right on the Bubble editor and plugin page.

1 Like